Photo

need advice! leaving in 2 days!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

I leave in 2 days and I can't decide on a father daughter song. My dad and I are SUPER close and I'm a daddy's girl to the bones. I've got it narrowed down to 3.
    1) Al Martino - Daddy's Little Girl (great song and says daddy's little girl.!)
    2) Frank Sinatra - The Way you Look Tonight (amazing song, but nothing about dads/daughters)
    3) Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World (another amazing song that I get teary listening to)

the last 2 I love because they are ones I hear randomly and I think that's nice. The first one is the only one that mentions dads/daughters which makes it special for the dance, but I won't hear it often.

#2 Mellyrox

Mellyrox
    • 161 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

My vote is Louis Armstrong. I love that song :)
      Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

#3 Mischaka

Mischaka
      • 969 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

Well it doesn't have to have to a typical "father/daughter" song. It could just be a song that you to like.

but to vote...I say #3.

#4 hat0112

hat0112
        • 1,219 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:20 AM

My vote is for Frank Sinatra - The Way you Look Tonight. I love that song.

I think that the song doesn't have to say something about dad or daughters for it to be a good song. I would go with whatever you want, even if it is something you might not really hear again on the radio like you said about #1.
          Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#5 StephyD

StephyD
          • 342 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:12 AM

I am using ''The way you look tonight - Michael BublĀ©'', so my vote is for that one :)

#6 autjo

autjo
            • 2,182 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:18 AM

Oh I love #3. That's my vote :)

#7 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
              • 445 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

I'm a daddy's girl all the way as well. My dad raised me by himself from when I was two and up (also a only child). My friend came across this song and when I heard the lyrics it so reminded me of my dad and me. It's Butterfly Fly Away by Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus. There is a part of the song that says "you had to do it all alone, make a living and make a home, it must have been as hard as it could be" that part really gets to me. I want my dad to know how much his sacrifices mean to me.

YouTube - Miley Cyrus - Butterfly Fly Away with Lyrics
                Cristi & Jamie
                http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#8 carolina24

carolina24
                • 1,573 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

i don't really like the way you look tonight for father/daughter, always thought of it as a 50th anniversary husband/wife song which i hope to get to one day :)

i think you should do #1, it's perfect for a daddy's girl (which I am as well btw)!!

one week till your wedding....yay, congrats!!!!

#9 phaat

phaat
                  • 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

What a wonderful world

#10 *Linds*

*Linds*
                    • 5,776 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

I vote none of those and suggest Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman..atleast listen to it. IT was the perfect fit for my dad and I. I am a true daddy's girl as well and there wasn't a dry eye around...
                      Loving married life! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users