Marcia Roberts Photography!!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 amandajill

amandajill
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:56 PM

Hello to all future brides...

I just had to write and share my experience with Marcia Roberts and her team. I just got married in beautiful Jamaica at the Gran Bahia Principe. I was so nervous about getting my wedding photos because I could hardly remember the photoshoot b/c I was still filled with so much excitement! THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! My husband is starting to get annoyed because I look through them over and over again....LOL
    She captured every moment and I had so many comments saying it was the best wedding photos seen in awhile. I am so happy and would recommend any of you brides planning to tie the knot in Jamaica to contact Marcia. (She books up fast) Feel free to msg me if you would like to see any photos...

BTW .. the location on the wedding gazebo at the Gran Bahia Principe is truly magical and PERFECT for a wedding.

Good luck to all of you!! And thanks so much Marcia! :)

Amanda McGillivray

#2 jennster_04

jennster_04
    • 176 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:59 PM

thats exciting! congrats !!
      Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#3 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:26 AM

I have also booked her for my July 8/11 wedding
        July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#4 frizzy64

frizzy64
        • 54 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:53 AM

Thanks for you recommendation. I have had a quote from Macia and she seems to be very reasonable. It is always good to here positive feedback from other brides. You may well have moved her up to the top of my list!

#5 CSandCK2

CSandCK2
          • 563 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

Thanks so much for your review.  I just booked Marcia for April 7, 2011 in Ocho Rios.  Hearing another positive review, really helps make us more confident in our decision...thanks so much!

#6 eholt

eholt
            • 528 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:00 AM

I just spoke with someone from Marcia Roberts (perhaps one of her assistants) and something was a little unclear.  How did you all pay your deposit?  She let me know that it was 20% down, which I am fine with, but did you all mail a check?  I am super cautious about mailing checks and just want to be sure this is legit.  I am very interested in proceeding with her, I just want to be sure the experience is pleasant as I have read in other posts as well.

May 19, 2011
              Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
              Montego Bay, Jamaica
              http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#7 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
              • 2,233 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

She would not take a deposit from me. Now I am worried

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#8 CSandCK2

CSandCK2
                • 563 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:12 AM

We just booked with Marcia Roberts.  Even though we have heard nothing but good reviews (even our TA used Marcia Roberts' services for her own wedding), we put down our own deposit via a money order.  That way it is insured and we have a trail to track should there ever (worst case scenario) be a problem...wanted to cover all bases just in case.  The rest is paid at the wedding. 

Originally Posted by eholt 

I just spoke with someone from Marcia Roberts (perhaps one of her assistants) and something was a little unclear.  How did you all pay your deposit?  She let me know that it was 20% down, which I am fine with, but did you all mail a check?  I am super cautious about mailing checks and just want to be sure this is legit.  I am very interested in proceeding with her, I just want to be sure the experience is pleasant as I have read in other posts as well.

#9 eholt

eholt
                  • 528 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:25 AM

They asked that I mail a deposit in.  Totally confident on her skills.  Just a little off that the mailing address was in the states to a different individual.

Originally Posted by CSandCK2 

We just booked with Marcia Roberts.  Even though we have heard nothing but good reviews (even our TA used Marcia Roberts' services for her own wedding), we put down our own deposit via a money order.  That way it is insured and we have a trail to track should there ever (worst case scenario) be a problem...wanted to cover all bases just in case.  The rest is paid at the wedding. 

May 19, 2011
                    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                    Montego Bay, Jamaica
                    http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#10 CSandCK2

CSandCK2
                    • 563 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:06 AM

The address in the states was for her daughter, right?  That was the same place I mailed the money order to.

Originally Posted by eholt 

They asked that I mail a deposit in.  Totally confident on her skills.  Just a little off that the mailing address was in the states to a different individual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users