Photo

Fire Dancers (or other entertainment)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jules23

Jules23
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

Just wondering if anyone has booked any outside entertainment, like fire dancers? If so, any recommendations? We are highly interested at having one at our wedding reception for a little while but I cannot find any info. I saw one person on this form had a fire dancer but just looking for any comparables. Suggestions appreciated! Thank You!

#2 dmob

dmob
    • 71 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

Hi my daughter was able to booked fire dancers thru negrilcruises.com.

#3 NaM

NaM
      • 2,256 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

I would check with the resort if you can have outside vendors first. If so, I think this would be a great touch! Sorry, I don't have any recommendations but I think your guests would love the added flare. Good luck with your search!

#4 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
        • 2,458 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

I would check with your WC for 3 things....1) Some resorts already have a night where they do a bonfire on the beach with fire dancers. If they do, you may not need to pay for the extra expense, and still get the entertainment at the same time. 2) If the resort doesn't offer anything, then confirm if outside vendors are allowed at the resort. 3) If outside vendors are allowed, the your WC may have some recommendations on who to use. I think having fire dancers is a cool idea - good luck with your planning!
          Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#5 sandyt

sandyt
          • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

The only company I have been able to find is show jam or something. Are there any others?

#6 Jules23

Jules23
            • 182 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

Thanx for the tips ladies - I contacted my WC  and she was able to get two fire dancers for us! She recommended them as they have performed at the resort many times before. 

#7 Charlotte10

Charlotte10
              • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hi Jules 23!  How much was the charge for the fire dancers?  Were the time they perform flexible? 

#8 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
                • 2,727 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:48 AM

We are having fire dancers at our wedding next month and we booked them thru the resort. i believe the fee was $600...not too shabby!

He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
                  My Planning Thread

#9 Jules23

Jules23
                  • 182 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Charlotte10 

Hi Jules 23!  How much was the charge for the fire dancers?  Were the time they perform flexible? 

They were only $250 for 2 fire dancers and the performance is for 20 mins. Im not sure about time - my wedding co-rrdinator just said she'll book them for the reception! 

#10 dmob

dmob
                    • 71 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

we had a fire dancer at my daughter's wedding weekend (he actually performed at the Welcome reception) this month. He was amazing! I think the cost was $250 and worth every penny! $600 seems high unless you are having additional acts, like the stilt or acrobatic dancers. Our guests really enjoyed!

firedancer.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users