Photo

Can I bring matchbook favors out of the country?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 classadiva

classadiva
  • 685 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

For some reason, my FI asked that we have personalized matchbook boxes for the wedding so I ordered some...I just realized however, am I allowed to pack these and bring these to the Bahamas? Does anyone know?

#2 Princess402

Princess402
    • 737 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

I don't see why not... I mean not in your carry-on of course, but I don't know why it would be a problem in your checked luggage.

#3 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:13 PM

Quite a few ladies did monogrammed matchbook favors. I think as long as it is in your checked bags you are good to go.

#4 JENISE

JENISE
        • 652 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

Oh man. I hope it's not a problem as I'm doing the same thing! I don't think it should be an issue as long is its in your "checked" bag and not your carry on. I'd put them in a ziplock bag to and make sure it's not around anything that can "stike" it. That would be bad. lol

#5 lorijfletcher

lorijfletcher
          • 134 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

I thought it might be a problem because aren't they are technically "flammable". Don't they ask you that when you check a bag??

#6 classadiva

classadiva
            • 685 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lorijfletcher
              I thought it might be a problem because aren't they are technically "flammable". Don't they ask you that when you check a bag??

Lori...this is what I was thinking....I will have to check into it. This might be a case where folks simply check them with no issue since it seems as you ladies say other brides have done it. Thanks!!

#7 Maybeachbride

Maybeachbride
              • 186 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

good point!  i am goign to look into this too!

#8 missroxy

missroxy
                • 178 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

iiiish I hope it's ok ?!?! Just ordered ours :( 

#9 acd8809

acd8809
                  • 51 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by missroxy 

iiiish I hope it's ok ?!?! Just ordered ours :( 

I was researching this topic a short while ago and taking notes because I was interested in taking sparklers and matchboxes to Mexico, too.  I do not remember all the websites I perused, but somewhere along the line I came to the conclusion that the answer would be "NO."

Here is what I have written down in my research notes:  The following flammable items are NOT permitted to be packed in your checked baggage:  Matches, torches, lighter fluid, fireworks, sparklers, and spray paint.  Gel-type candles are okay to pack in checked bags only.

I don't know if you are allowed to pack matchboxes in your carry-on luggage????

Also, anything that says "Made in China" is  NOT allowed into Mexico due to the  Mexican embargo against China.  That is going to present a problem, since most items seem to be maufactured in China nowadays! 

If you or anyone finds out differently, please let me know...  Perhaps I have misinterpreted some of the prohibited items, but I would rather err on the side of caution.

acd8809@yahoo.com

#10 breeo

breeo
                    • 157 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I rang the airline and they said in checked baggage matches are ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users