Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Future Mrs. M

Help Needed

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone!!

 

We sent out our save the dates about a month and a half ago...

So here is the story:

We were relying heavily on our resort getting their chapel sanctioned/approved by the Catholic church..we found out a few weeks ago that it will not be possible to get this done before November. We had a back up but it is not ideal and so we went down this past weekend to check out more chapels.

We found one that we absolutely fell in love with (Xcaret Assissi Chapel - it was on platinum weddings!)...the problem is that it's already booked for our date and the only time we would be able to use it is at 11am. The other option is if we change the date to 11/12th (Our date is 11/13th and that's what our save the dates say also).

 

What are your thoughts on this?

 

A)Should we go with the smaller chapel that is OK and keep our date?

B)Should we go with the chaple we love, keep our date, but do it at 11am? (Our reception is at 6pm so not sure what we would do with our guests in between)

 

C)Should we shift the day one day earlier?

 

Let me know please!! FIs grandmother thinks it is not good to change the date at this point even if it's only one day. We love the chapel so not sure what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If guests are arriving from far off lands I would see if everyone would arrive in time to push your date up to the 12th. I am sure many people won't mind the slight change in plans. I would update your website, start getting family and friends to help with word of mouth, and love the fact you are getting a perfect location for your vows. Many people arrive early anyways and understand sometimes things pop up (even at home weddings). Then you can reinforce the new information on your invites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh, that is a tough one. Did anyone make their reservations yet? I know you just sent out STDs, but I wasn’t sure if maybe immediate family or close friends already booked. If they did you might what to check with them about switching dates to see if it possible in case people were planning on arriving on the 12th. If no one booked and you aren’t attached to your date (our date is our anniversary and we wouldn’t change it) then I would move the date. It’s not like you are moving it by weeks or even a few days, just one. And it seems like you aren’t too excited about the chapel that is available. It’s your and your FI’s wedding so I say choose the chapel you guys want and go from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely go with the location you love for the ceremony. It's only a day and shouldn't be a problem as long as none of your guests have made reservations already that interfere with that date you should be fine. Your wedding isn't for another 5 months so I'm assuming the only people booked would be you and your FI and possibly your parents. Anyways, most of your guests will get there a few days early. Definitely check with those booked already and if it can be done switch your date and spread the word. I think your friends and family will understand once you explain your situation. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the other ladies, go with the one you love, and if switching to one day earlier works for the guests who are booked, definitely go for it! really its just one day, who cares that you had a different date on your STD's! It's your wedding, and your day, and you should love everything about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in the exact same position, except w/ my photographer. I sent out our STD's for July 6th, but then I found that she wasn't available. So I just let everyone know (no one had booked yet) and I put a pop up on our website that said not to pay attention to the STD's, and that 'due circumstances beyond our control, the date had to be pushed back by one day'.

 

I wanted my photog more than anything! And I think you should have the same w/ the chapel. But as the others said, check to see if anyone was potentially leaving on that date. Otherwise- go for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I already posted in the November brides thread answering this but will post a brief synopsis of what my friend did. She ran into a similar situation where she had to have her wedding at a particular historic mansion her reception was set for 6. She had the wedding (it took 2 hours cause it was an orthrodox Jewish wedding), then we all had lunch (which was cheaper than a dinner reception). Guests mingled for about an hour then they invited every one to relax (you can use siesta since yours will be in Mexico) everyone changed (for the Jewish ceremony we couldn't show skin out of respect but the reception was not Jewish so many of the ladies got more comfortable and the guys too). When we returned at 6 it was open bar and fun stations with Appetizer sized bites. Everyone was refreshed and ready to party. I actually stayed all the way through since I was her BM. On the break while others left to change we were taking photos with the pro photographer and we helped set up the reception since we knew exactly how to execute her vision. Then we returned to the room dressed down in matching casual dresses and returned to party. Hope this helps give you an idea and maybe you won't have to change your date after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the other ladies. And if your guests already have their bookings and it conflicts with changing your date to a day earlier, then I say go with the 11am ceremony time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, if anyone has booked, just move it up to 11 a.m. I'm sure your guests will find all sorts of things to do between the wedding and the reception. Don't sweat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same problem. I had everything set and then decided to move mine up a day and even some people had already booked but it still wasnt a problem because they were coming a few days early. I first had it set for saturday then switched it too friday and everyone is coming on thursday so it wasnt a problem. I say if you really want the chapel I would go for the day early it should be too much of a problem since its just one day, but like the other ladies said I would let everyone know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • It’s been years... and I’m now searching for the same in Montego Bay or Negril. Did anyone ever have any luck finding? 
    • Hello, I'm new to this site. I got engaged already and get married by next year. I have some doubts regarding our dating destination. Hope you will help me. Thank You!
    • Hello everyone,
      Well, this upcoming valentine's day is special for me because I got engaged and planning to spend the day with my fiance. I'm planning to give her an ethical jumpsuit.

      Other than that I have been searching the internet for some nice discounted coupons and searched among my friends and found different sites. Now, we are looking forward to that wonderful day. We searched a lot and found out, Escape The City. Orangeville is a great place for a day trip or weekend gateway from Toronto.
      Theatre Orangeville is offering a weekend package that includes 2 tickets to a Live performance at the theatre, Premium Overnight Accommodations at Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn and Suites and $75 Downtown Wine and Dine Voucher which is valid at select Downtown restaurants, and Free Entry to the scenic Trails & Bridges of Island Lake.

      We are so excited and eagerly waiting for that day.
      If anyone has got any other suggestions for the venue, kindly share your thoughts/ideas.
      Thank You!
       
    • Please tell me, the best wedding venue in Saskatoon, SK.
    • Hey everyone! Like the others here, I'm interested in wedding reception, venue and all related steps & stuff. Starting with my first and the most important note is that we're international couple and we need to think of bilingual wedding. So the first thing we need to think of is whether it will be interpretation or 2 different venue coordinators, sermons and stuff? What is your experience, what could be the best and affordable solution? From googling the issue I've found this Interactio app team ( describing possible solution here  http://blog.interactio.io/case-study-weddings )Basically they offer to hold the venue in the main language, additionally providing simultaneous interpretation online to other quest's mobile phones. Looks like really easy and creative idea. What about the others? How did you solve this kind of obstacle? Any additional advises would be very welcomed here  
  • Topics

×