Jump to content

Photo

Winnipeg Brides Out There!!!


  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
  • Jr. Member
  • 235 posts

    Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:59 PM


    Hey Lite,

     

    I have had the same problem. Winnipegers are cheap lol. They all want to wait for a last minute deal. Don't stress to much about it. I have gotten passed it. All the people that really matter will come :)

     

    I got my dress from stella's on Portage but CKLY had a beautiful selection. I didn't even seen them  until after i purchased my dress!
     

    Originally Posted by Lite 

    BUMP!

     

    How's everyone's planning going?

    We have 8 ppl booked for our February 2011 wedding.  I have no idea what our total # will be.  Everyone is being so cheap, and i guess vacations aren't priority for most of our guests....

    Is anyone using the TA from here, Christine in Regina?

    Bought my dress a month ago, LOVE it!!  I got it at CKLY on Graham.  They were really great.





    #22 surprise_its_taken

    surprise_its_taken
    • Newbie
    • 76 posts

      Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

      Has anyone dealt with Jessica Bridal here or know someone who has?  I bought my dress from the Jessica in Regina, which was pretty busy when we were there, and the saleslady was really helpful.  Store was a bit run-down looking but not too bad. 

       

      I went into the one here on a Saturday and it was dead, while Stella's down the block was so packed I could barely get at the dresses.  The place was kind of dingy looking and we wandered around the store for about 5 minutes before a saleslady even said hello.  I'm a little nervous about taking my dress there for alterations, so I was hoping someone who had an experience with them could share.

       

      Only 3 1/2 months to go, EEEK! 



      #23 jenninjamaica

      jenninjamaica
      • Member
      • 547 posts

        Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:21 PM


         

        Originally Posted by surprise_its_taken 

        Has anyone dealt with Jessica Bridal here or know someone who has?  I bought my dress from the Jessica in Regina, which was pretty busy when we were there, and the saleslady was really helpful.  Store was a bit run-down looking but not too bad. 

         

        I went into the one here on a Saturday and it was dead, while Stella's down the block was so packed I could barely get at the dresses.  The place was kind of dingy looking and we wandered around the store for about 5 minutes before a saleslady even said hello.  I'm a little nervous about taking my dress there for alterations, so I was hoping someone who had an experience with them could share.

         

        Only 3 1/2 months to go, EEEK! 

        My friend bought her dress there and had the alterations done there as well. She was very happy with the experience, if that helps at all.
         


        *~*JENN*~*

        #24 surprise_its_taken

        surprise_its_taken
        • Newbie
        • 76 posts

          Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:16 PM



          Originally Posted by jenninjamaica 


           

          My friend bought her dress there and had the alterations done there as well. She was very happy with the experience, if that helps at all.
           



          It does, thanks!



          #25 tris

          tris
          • Member
          • 609 posts

            Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:49 PM


             

            Originally Posted by Jenn&Kraig 

            Hey Tris!!!

             

            We are having a Spooktacular Halloween Social!!! This October 30!! Dakota CC!

             

            Where is yours??

             

            And Cindy K..We are getting married Feb 2011 in Punta Cana!! Small world!! We are going to the Majestic Elegence...how bought you?

             

            Hey Jenn,
            We had out social at the Dakota CC too and it was a great experience. The staff there is awesome and everyone is still talking about how much fun we had. It was Sept.18th.

            We ending up making close to $9000 with our take home being about $4000... and we didn't even fill up the hall.
             


            Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

            #26 Jenn&Kraig

            Jenn&Kraig
            • Jr. Member
            • 190 posts

              Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

              Hey Tris!!

               

              This is too funny, we were at the social upstairs on Sept 18 at Dakota!! lol We had an after party, and your fiance and some of his friends were were there!? They were in the parking lot when we rounding up everyone to go to our place, I thought they were a part of our group, but found out it was the groom from the other social (your social!) anyways, they ended up coming, and I kept asking when his bride (you) would be arriving, but you never came!!! I had no idea that the bride was you!!!!!!??? What a small world!! We could have met..too bad!! lol

               

              I'm so glad your social went well! 9000.00 is a huge figure!! What kind of prizes did you guys have?



              #27 tris

              tris
              • Member
              • 609 posts

                Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:46 AM



                Originally Posted by Jenn&Kraig 

                Hey Tris!!

                 

                This is too funny, we were at the social upstairs on Sept 18 at Dakota!! lol We had an after party, and your fiance and some of his friends were were there!? They were in the parking lot when we rounding up everyone to go to our place, I thought they were a part of our group, but found out it was the groom from the other social (your social!) anyways, they ended up coming, and I kept asking when his bride (you) would be arriving, but you never came!!! I had no idea that the bride was you!!!!!!<img src=" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.bestdestinationwedding.com/images/smilies//huh.gif" title="???" width="" /> What a small world!! We could have met..too bad!! lol

                 

                I'm so glad your social went well! 9000.00 is a huge figure!! What kind of prizes did you guys have?

                 

                Hey! That is hilarious!! Ya it was really funny at the beginning because we had to keep pointing people upstairs, haha.

                 

                Kai (FI), our Best Man, Groomsman, and one of their other friends totally went to your after party later. I literally went home and crashed. It had been such a hectic day!

                We had a great time though. So much fun!

                 

                As for prizes... our grand prize was a flat screen TV, and we 16 prize baskets... the usuals, plus a few unique ones: Over $100 worth of candy in one, A coffee pack with an espresso maker, tons of gourmet coffees, starbucks gift card, mugs, etc... they went over really well.

                You probably saw me running around like a crazy person... white dress, long blond hair? At the end I had about a million balloons that I wouldn't let go of. Haha!!


                How did yours end up going?
                 


                Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

                #28 mexico_2011

                mexico_2011
                • Newbie
                • 82 posts

                  Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

                  Hi girls! I am from Winnipeg too! We are getting married March 16, 2011 at the Barcelo Maya Colonial in the Mayan Riviera. Lots of planning left to do. I have my dress already and the bridesmaids dresses too. We have 18 people booked so far and still waiting on a few more. I bought my dress in the states and I was originally thinking I would go back there for my alterations. But I thought I would ask if anyone knows if I can go to any bridal store here in Winnipeg for alterations? Even if I didn't buy my dress here? I tried on like 100 dresses before I found the one I bought. I just couldn't find "the one" at any of the local stores.

                  Our social is this Saturday Oct 2 at Waverley Heights Community Centre. I will let you know how it goes and pass on any tips I have afterwards. I'm getting so nervous but excited as well. Everyone waits for the last minute to buy their tickets!!

                  Melanie



                  #29 surprise_its_taken

                  surprise_its_taken
                  • Newbie
                  • 76 posts

                    Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:38 AM



                     

                    Originally Posted by mexico_2011 

                    Hi girls! I am from Winnipeg too! We are getting married March 16, 2011 at the Barcelo Maya Colonial in the Mayan Riviera. Lots of planning left to do. I have my dress already and the bridesmaids dresses too. We have 18 people booked so far and still waiting on a few more. I bought my dress in the states and I was originally thinking I would go back there for my alterations. But I thought I would ask if anyone knows if I can go to any bridal store here in Winnipeg for alterations? Even if I didn't buy my dress here? I tried on like 100 dresses before I found the one I bought. I just couldn't find "the one" at any of the local stores.

                    Our social is this Saturday Oct 2 at Waverley Heights Community Centre. I will let you know how it goes and pass on any tips I have afterwards. I'm getting so nervous but excited as well. Everyone waits for the last minute to buy their tickets!!

                    Melanie


                    Hey, I'm getting married at the Barcelo Maya Colonial too, on January 19th.  Can't wait!  Are you getting married on the beach?  Who's your wedding coordinator?
                     



                    #30 mexico_2011

                    mexico_2011
                    • Newbie
                    • 82 posts

                      Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:54 AM



                      Originally Posted by surprise_its_taken 



                       


                      Hey, I'm getting married at the Barcelo Maya Colonial too, on January 19th.  Can't wait!  Are you getting married on the beach?  Who's your wedding coordinator?
                       



                      Oh so exciting! We are getting married on the beach. Our ceremony will be at Coral Beach (in front of the Barcelo Palace) and our reception will be at Playa Azul (the beach at the other end of the resort.) My wedding coordinator is Claudia.  She has been good so far and seems organized. We hired Ivan Luckie as our photographer and are paying the extra cost to bring an outside photographer on to the resort.

                      Where are your ceremony and reception going to be? What other plans have you decided on?






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users