My FI is being sooo understanding!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sap

• 217 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

I just wanted to give a shout out to my FI! I have been ordering things for the wedding like crazy. He sees charges from Etsy, OTC, Amazon...everywhere! We are not people made of money, he is a teacher for NYC and I am a manager of a doctor's office, but we've saved for the wedding and he said we will do what we want for our wedding, within our means.

He always gives his honest opinion, but never in an argumentative way. He doesn't bat an eyelash when I tell him what I've ordered and plan. AND to top it all off, when I told him flowers will run us about $1000, he said "That's normal for a wedding"!!! I couldn't believe it, I am soo lucky! :)

#2 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

awww!! I love it when they get like that. he's probably secretly really excited though.

#3 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
      • 265 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

Its great to have a person who gets you and understands you. It seems you are off to a great start. COngrats

#4 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:55 AM

It's always great to get good feedback and also to have him involved in the process. Good for you guys!
          BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#5 Mere

• 729 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:24 AM

AWESOME! Love to hear this story! Gives me hope!

#6 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

Ha! Sounds like my husband, but in the end he was so happy I got what I did. And my UPS guy new us so well, ha!
              Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#7 Sita&Nate

• 349 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:48 AM

You've definitely got a keeper! I think FI knew better than to veto what I wanted/bought/planned, and just went with it as well

#8 LadyTrunck

• 1,114 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:51 PM

I love to hear this! It's exactly how my FI has been.... he really let me do (buy too) absolutely everything I wanted within our means for this wedding. It's such a great feeling, and I'm happy to see that someone else is as lucky as I am!
                  Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                  July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                  Non-Pro Pics:
                  Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#9 sap

• 217 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

Thank you ladies! I'm happy to give some hope and to share my story with others that have similar FI support! It does make you smile and helps both enjoy the planning process. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users