Photo

Photographers in Dominican Republic??

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 Evgal

Evgal
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

I highly recommend HDC.  We had Charlie as a photographer and he was absolutely wonderful to work with.  If you would like sample pics, pm me.

#62 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

AMAZING!!!! Love that story!!!! I am assuming Adam stuck him in your suitcase for the Egypt trip?! 

Originally Posted by megsosborn 

So the sock monkey thing started when I took a trip to Egypt 2 years ago.  I had the trip planned before I met my husband so he didn't come with me.  When I got to Cairo and opened my suitcase there was a note and this sock monkey in it.  I was totally surprised and, of course, had to take this monkey with me in my day pack everywhere.  Everyone loved him and when we were in a perfume shop all these woman were grabbing at him, asking to have their pictures taken with him and calling him Buji.  Turns out that the little guy looks like a character, Buji from an Egyptian cartoon - Buji and Tom Tom.  Hence the name Buji :) 

After returning home from my trip and telling the story we started taking Buji with us to big events and it turned into something bigger.  Every time one of our friends goes on a trip - Buji goes too.  He's been all over the world, Australia, Holland, London, China, Aruba...even the Big House and in the Red Sox dugout :)  He also has his own facebook page 'Buji the sock monkey'

The other monkey in the pictures is my brothers.  He got him in Boston, when he was here last summer for the weekend that Adam and I got engaged :)

#63 pancakemeow

pancakemeow
      • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

I highly recommend Katya Nova, she is a photojournalistic type of photographer and is located in Punta Cana!!!

katyanova.com

Do you know what months she spends in punta cana? I think she goes back and forth between DR and Canada........

#64 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

She used to go back and fourth but her and Rob will be moving there full time either end of this month or october!

Originally Posted by pancakemeow 

Do you know what months she spends in punta cana? I think she goes back and forth between DR and Canada........

#65 pancakemeow

pancakemeow
          • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:11 AM

Really!? so she is permanently in the DR all year round??? I'm having my wedding in the summer time..july..and finding it hard to find a photographer that is around at that time of year..i'm noticing a lot of them go to DR for the winter summer and then back to canada or USA or wherever in the summer..............sucks! Hope she'd be around in july and I can book her!!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

She used to go back and fourth but her and Rob will be moving there full time either end of this month or october!

#66 pamelahutch

pamelahutch
            • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

They are moving this month !

#67 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
              • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

Are you using Katya too?!

Originally Posted by pamelahutch 

They are moving this month !

#68 pamelahutch

pamelahutch
                • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

yes I am !

#69 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
                  • 154 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

Pictures are soooo important, they are really the only thing you have after it's all done.  We are bringing our photographer from home, and because he really wanted the getaway, he gave us a break on the package so the total cost, including his airfare and hotel for 3 days ends up being the same as if we booked him for a wedding here. 

#70 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

That's so exciting!!! Please be sure to share some pictures after your wedding! Your date is fast approaching!!!!!

Originally Posted by pamelahutch 

yes I am !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users