Photographers in Dominican Republic??

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 anneuga2

anneuga2
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:24 AM

Hi,

Anyone have suggestions on photographers in Punta Cana, DR? Have spoke with photo souvenier. I really love their work but still would like to see what other photographers you ladies have used and love.

For those who have used photo souvenier, how was your experience with them? My husband and I are renewing our vows and looking to have a photo session on the beach. Photo Souvenier suggested to go off the resort to avoid resort fees. We are staying at the Majestic Colonial.

What would the fee be to have an outside photographer come onto the resort? Secondly, how safe is it to go off the resort. Have read up on the filed complaints of past tourists in DR and some are pretty disturbing (ex. police were involved etc) If the Police are involved, who can you really trust? I just want to be secure and would love to hear more about reputation of photo souvenier.

Any advice would be appreciated. Will be in DR next week!!!! AHHH!

#2 MBBride

MBBride
    • 70 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by anneuga2
      Hi,

Anyone have suggestions on photographers in Punta Cana, DR? Have spoke with photo souvenier. I really love their work but still would like to see what other photographers you ladies have used and love.

For those who have used photo souvenier, how was your experience with them? My husband and I are renewing our vows and looking to have a photo session on the beach. Photo Souvenier suggested to go off the resort to avoid resort fees. We are staying at the Majestic Colonial.

What would the fee be to have an outside photographer come onto the resort? Secondly, how safe is it to go off the resort. Have read up on the filed complaints of past tourists in DR and some are pretty disturbing (ex. police were involved etc) If the Police are involved, who can you really trust? I just want to be secure and would love to hear more about reputation of photo souvenier.

Any advice would be appreciated. Will be in DR next week!!!! AHHH!
      If you are at Majestic, the vendor fee is $300 for an outside photographer. I'm going with Phil Steingard and his work is amazing. If you decide to go with him, if you are still able to, there is no vendor fee as he stays at the resort. Hope this helps! Have a great time!

#3 BeachBrideSoon

BeachBrideSoon
      • 193 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:40 PM

I too, am hoping to get Phil Steingard for my wedding!! I think he is amazing and if he's already there for the time you are going then you won't have additional costs!

Are you going next week already to renew your vows?? How exciting!!!

I've been there before and I've gone off the resort and it doesn't seem bad at all!!! Will they be driving you around or will you find your own transportation??
        BeachBrideSoon

#4 anneuga2

anneuga2
        • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

hey! thanks for input. photo souvenier said that they would pick us up and drive to a secluded beach and drop us back. i just hear mixed reviews about going off resort so not sure if its safe to jump in a car with a stranger in a totally different country!! im going next week but need to secure a photographer!! ill have to look into Phil! how much does he charge? $300 is pretty steep for outside photographers!!

#5 anneuga2

anneuga2
          • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

i just emailed Phil. i didn't know he was based in canada. not sure whether he will be in DR at all next wk but worth a try. you ladies are right, his work is stunning!!! love it!!

#6 sap

sap
            • 217 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

$300 for outside photographer! That's outrageous. We are using HDC Photo. They have great reviews and Arnaud always replies asap to any emails. Punta Cana|DominicanRepublic|Wedding : Photographer,Photography

Good luck!

#7 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
              • 190 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

We are staying at the Mjestic Elegance, and are going with HDC photo as well. Arnaud is really freindly, and prompt in getting back to you. There has not been ONE single complaint about his services that I have found on this forum.

As for the $300.00 we are just going to pay it, but talk to Arnaud about this, perhaps he can work something out with you, if he is still available of course!!

Good luck!

#8 Lopez0117

Lopez0117
                • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

Hello

I am planning a June 2012 wedding in La Romana and was wondering if anyone would be able to make any suggestions on photographers / videographers?  Any information that you will be able to provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks to all and happy planning!!

#9 Mel2010

Mel2010
                  • 219 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

I just discovered this photographer in PC: http://www.juliaeskin.com/#/galleries/

Anyone know of her? I like her style . . .

#10 anita78

anita78
                    • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

we booked Caribbean Emotions for our wedding. www.caribbeanemotions.com you will not go wrong with Caribbean Emotions. I highly recommend Michael and Pascal to any brides getting married in Punta Cana.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users