Photo

Are Pashminas and Fans for Women Only?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 selassie11

selassie11
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

For those of you who are giving pashminas in your OOT bags and/or giving fans as favors (i.e. placing them on ceremony chairs), do you plan to give one to everyone? Am I wrong to think that either are for women only?

I was thinking that I would give pashminas in OOT bags, but only for women guests (?) What would I give to men then? A beach towel?

And then as far as favors, I want to do either sandalwood or asian silk fans...I just can't see my male guests fanning themselves with these LOL! so should I put fans on every other seat?

What are you ladies doing?

#2 Michelle613

Michelle613
    • 331 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hey, we're also doing fans and pashminas for women only. For men we're getting cigars and I don't know what else yet. Honestly, it's usually the women who even care about favors and remember to bring them home. Men will be happy with cigars and maybe those little travel size tequila bottles or something.
      Michelle & Arsen
      Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#3 selassie11

selassie11
      • 206 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:01 PM

Good idea. I was thinking about giving the fellas rum...but my girls would want some rum too ;-) But you're right, I don't think the guys would care either way...so long as the ladies are happy, the wedding'll be a hit!!

#4 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
        • 2,233 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:19 AM

I am putting fans on all the chairs, Pashminas in the oot for the women and personalized golf balls with our name and wedding date in oot for the men
          July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#5 kclyburn

kclyburn
          • 153 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

Great ideas! I am putting fans on all of the chairs, but would like to do pashminas for the women. Where did you get yours?

#6 selassie11

selassie11
            • 206 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

I'm actually ordered one from a vendor on ebay to see the quality before I get more. For cashmere pashminas, they are $1.19 each plus $4 shipping. The reviews are great, but I'm waiting to see for myself.

deo gratias deal2008 items - Get great deals on Scarves Wraps, Hair Accessories items on eBay.com!

#7 Leigh17

Leigh17
              • 339 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:36 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kclyburn
                Great ideas! I am putting fans on all of the chairs, but would like to do pashminas for the women. Where did you get yours?
                I purchased mine from https://www.nywholesalescarves.com/

There's a $100 minimum order, but shipping is free. The solid color pashminas are $4/each. You can mix and match the colors in the order. I received mine last week & am very happy with the quality.

#8 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
                • 997 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

Definitely think everyone should have a fan! We're planning on putting them on the chairs for the ceremony. As for favours, were giving Pashminas at our reception to the ladies and Cigars to the guys.

#9 kclyburn

kclyburn
                  • 153 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

Thanks! I will check out both places!

#10 luciel2820

luciel2820
                    • 474 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

I'm also placing the fans on all of the ceremony chairs.
                      The pashminas will be on the table, Im getting them for the girls only.
                      On the same table with the pashminas will be our favors which will be Rum, shot glasses, and maybe cigars. So everyone is happy. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users