Men's Tungsten Carbide Wedding Band

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cait713

• 94 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

My fiance decided on this ring about 7 months before the wedding. Now there's less than two months to go, and he found another that he likes better. I really love this ring, but he doesn't, so we must say goodbye to it.

It's made by Triton, tungsten carbide. Virtually indestructible and never scratches. Finger size 8, and it's 8mm wide. We bought it for $265 at a local jeweler's, and would like to sell it for $150 OBO.

Click the image to open in full size.

We still have the original receipt and box it came in. It's only been tried on a couple of times. I wish he didn't change his mind because I really love this ring. Hopefully it will make someone else happy! PM me if interested!

#2 tracy0716

• 431 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

Love this ring too! My FI already ordered his and his finger is bigger or else I would snatch this one up- I'm sure your FI's new ring is just as great. Good luck, I'm sure someone else will love this ring too and take it off your hands!

#3 Bpink62581

• 210 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

Oh man what a great looking ring! I'm sure someone will snatch this up in a hurry! I would if it was the right size and we hadn't already bought our bands! Good luck girl!

#4 finleys7

• 703 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

Cait - Keep in mind that Tungsten can't be cut...so if your FI is always working with his hands and injury prone...I wouldn't suggest the Tungsten material for his ring.
          My jeweler said..it's the ring or your finger...so opted for white gold =) But the look of the Tungsten rings are great...just indestructable. Just an FYI =)

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
          Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#5 cait713

• 94 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

Finley-we both loved how the tungsten looked, and liked that it can't be scratched, but in the end, my fiance decided it was too heavy and thick for his hand. He upgraded to platinum, lucky guy :) The new ring is actually very similar in appearance to this one.

#6 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

A friend of ours is an engineer professor & uses his tungsten in science experiments to show his students & it has yet to break or scratch, haha
              Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#7 MayanLily

• 316 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

Emergency services CAN actually remove the ring. It's a common misconception that you'll lose your finger God forbid anythign ever happen. All hospitals and ems vehicles are equipped with a tool that will actually shatter the ring. That's where the saying "the ring or your finger" comes from. Hopefully, you'll chose your finger and buy a new ring!

Just an FYI for those of you buying a Tungsten. I personally think they are great and great looking too bad we already bought my FIs or I'd snap this one up!

#8 cait713

• 94 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

Bumping! And reducing price to $100 OBO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users