Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#71 brandoo

brandoo
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brigopens
    Directly from Valeria...

Odette is the wedding coordinator for El Dorado Royale, Priscilla Espinosa is my colleague as the On site Senior coordinator for Lomas Travel.

She's great, I agree with you.

Both are good. Odette is newer, and not as aggressive. Priscilla takes charge and is all about making sure things go smoothly and you are happy!
    Brig... does everyone get either one or the other? Or will we work with both? Thanks!

#72 brigopens

brigopens
    • 247 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:04 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by brandoo
      Brig... does everyone get either one or the other? Or will we work with both? Thanks!
      We met with both at our initial meeting... On the wedding day, both were very involved in making sure things went smoothly... They work very closely together, so at least in our case, we worked with both of them interchangably.

They were also hiring/training someone new. Odette said that they weren't able to take time off right now, with only the two of them, so that they were bringing someone else on board to take a little of the stress off.

I would imagine that the new person has started by now...
      Our Bridal Party in Mexico

#73 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
      • 554 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:24 AM

Does anyone know the measurements of the tables used for the private receptions?
        I want to bring my own table linens.
        I know that they are round and sit 8 people - but I have absolutly no idea how to estimate how big the table cloths should be :)

Thanks!!

#74 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
        • 433 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:37 PM

Is Guacamayas an indoor or outdoor bar? Would it be a good, informal place for our guests to meet after the ceremony and before dinner while we're getting our pictures taken?

#75 SheaS

SheaS
          • 380 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:58 PM

It is an outdoor bar- the one with swings. I would suggest that one, or the Beach Bar which is centrally located next to Jo Jo's. Guacamayas is the bar to go to at night because they have the live music and the shows! I guess it would maybe depend on your ceremony location?

#76 Mandy

Mandy
            • 514 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:12 PM

I read somewhere on here, and I know I'll never find it again, but a bride posted that they were having a private reception without food, just drinks/cocktails and maybe a cake. I don't know that I've found this option yet? Can you do a non-food option for a private event? How much does that cost?

#77 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
              • 308 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

Jennifer (Jwolfe72) is doing that. I think she told me it was $8/person and then the setup cost for music. We're considering doing that as well.

How is the cake there by the way? Does anyone know?

#78 Mandy

Mandy
                • 514 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

Thank you so much! I'll PM Jennifer and find out more.

#79 anthonyandgarin

anthonyandgarin
                  • 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:18 PM

Hi guys! I am hoping that someone can help me out. I remember reading somewhere that someone was sending out a "30 day letter." She posted the a link for her template. Is was for a MAC and it was super cute. Does anyone else remember that?

#80 SheaS

SheaS
                    • 380 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:17 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mandy
                      I read somewhere on here, and I know I'll never find it again, but a bride posted that they were having a private reception without food, just drinks/cocktails and maybe a cake. I don't know that I've found this option yet? Can you do a non-food option for a private event? How much does that cost?

What we did was the cocktail party with appetizers, and I think it was 14.00 per person. We alos had "pinto" the donkey, and he was 150.00, and then rented speakers for our ipod which was 250.00.
                      I am sure you can have a private event without the apps.... the portions of food are really small at the resort, so we thought they would be a good idea.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users