jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

What is everyone doing/did for their bouquets?  I'm trying to get a good idea for a purple cascading bouquet, but one that won't cost $680... like the first picture I sent over.  Apparently Calla Lilies, Peonies, Orchids, Freesia and White Roses are out of season in May.. How did you guys go about decided on the blooms for your bouquet?  The other annoying thing is that he won't give me a price per stem... only pricing on photos I send him altogether... maybe I just need to start photo-shopping my own bouquet, since that's the only way he gives me prices.

I can't help with this at all, as my bouquet is strictly shells and starfish with some tulle and small peonies in it. The only flowers I'm having are  the ones on the sides of the gazebo, but $680 is loco bananas!!!! stupid.gif  Do they really think people will pay that crazy price??? Geez!!

Wish I could help!

Oh, forgot that I wanted to ask if anyone has rented their ipod equipment. It's pretty pricey, but I don't think I want to buy one and lug it down there. She offered the small bose one for $150 for 2 hours and $50 for additional 2 hours or the bigger one with a mic for $250 for 4 hours. Thoughts from those that did not have a DJ?
I did the $250 one and it worked perfectly. I recommend it if you don't want to spend $$ on the DJ.

Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

What is everyone doing/did for their bouquets?  I'm trying to get a good idea for a purple cascading bouquet, but one that won't cost $680... like the first picture I sent over.  Apparently Calla Lilies, Peonies, Orchids, Freesia and White Roses are out of season in May.. How did you guys go about decided on the blooms for your bouquet?  The other annoying thing is that he won't give me a price per stem... only pricing on photos I send him altogether... maybe I just need to start photo-shopping my own bouquet, since that's the only way he gives me prices.

We are making mine and my MOH's, and using my bouquet $ from the package towards the guys flowers. I couldn't justify spending that much $ on my bouquet, especially if I couldn't bring it home to have for memories. Since eggplant is my color, I wanted to do eggplant and white calla lilies, something simple. I went to Hobby Lobby, and was shocked by how real they looked. So unless you are dead set on real flowers, I would consider fake. I know Allie did, and I had NO idea until she told me - you really can't tell the difference. You could make your own, or look on Etsy or somewhere for someone to make one for you. Just my two cents :)

I know this debate has been had before.....videographer or no videographer?

With my photographer it is $530 for 1 hour.....is it worth the money, that seems crazy expensive to me but I really have no idea.

Pros and cons?

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

I know this debate has been had before.....videographer or no videographer?

With my photographer it is $530 for 1 hour.....is it worth the money, that seems crazy expensive to me but I really have no idea.

Pros and cons?

We're not going with one, just our photographer. I'm just going to have one of my sisters or mom tape it. For me I couldn't find it worthwhile to spend all that extra $ in the budget. I think, personally, I'll look at the pictures more than I would watch the video. But that's just my two cents :) Since we're paying for the wedding ourselves we're trying to keep the costs down.

holy crud! $680 is totally insane!!!! that's like the $3000 quote or whatever to drape sheers in Tucanes I got. you can certainly tell what they are willing to do, and where that line is based on their prices lol

I highly recommend the fake route. even our guests didn't realize they were fake until I told them! and they were standing next to me while I was holding them. What's better is I got to take it back home with me, and it looks gorgeous in a vase in our room.

My bouquet was $120, bouts were $10, and corsages were $14 from KateSaidYes http://www.etsy.com/shop/KateSaidYes

She was so easy to work with!

I had an inspiration pic, and then wanted to swap out one of the flowers for white orchids since they are important to us. She suggested blooms too based on the look I wanted, and then did a mock up for me to approve.

If you are set on real flowers for your bouquet, why not ask one of the vendors who are on this board and live in Mexico if they can help tell you what flowers are in season at the time of your wedding? there used to be a post around here that had that info, but I can't seem to find it right now (sorry!!)

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

Quote:

We are making mine and my MOH's, and using my bouquet $ from the package towards the guys flowers. I couldn't justify spending that much $ on my bouquet, especially if I couldn't bring it home to have for memories. Since eggplant is my color, I wanted to do eggplant and white calla lilies, something simple. I went to Hobby Lobby, and was shocked by how real they looked. So unless you are dead set on real flowers, I would consider fake. I know Allie did, and I had NO idea until she told me - you really can't tell the difference. You could make your own, or look on Etsy or somewhere for someone to make one for you. Just my two cents :)

I posted on the Knot that I was looking for malibu blue sashes and someone responded.  I wish she had the runners but she doesn't she had to rent those.  Did you find a place to buy the sheers  if so where?  I planned on renting them I was just getting two.   I think the flowers are pretty expensive too but nothing can do about that!

I am doing a bouquet of  stargazers, white lilies, purple iris and some white and blue roses it is $90 the one I originally sent my WC was quoted at like $330 because it had orchids and calli lilies which is apparently hard to get there.  Doing a smaller version of my for the bridesmaids for $50 (apparently cheapest they can do) $30 boutinerres and $40 corsages the flowers are costing more than the dinner!  I have 7 bridesmaids and 5 groomsmen.  Also doing two hanging corsages for the gazebo that are $70 ea.

What about for center pieces what is everyone doing?  The couple that I saw were $70ea  I don't really think I have room to be bringing down centerpieces in my suitcase I am expecting 40 guests I believe tables seat 8 per table so i would need 5 centerpieces.  Any ideas???