Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

 

I had my first dress fitting today and it went really well. I bought my dress from one of those knock off shops in China. I paid $150 for it and was really concerned the alterations would cost more than the dress because I ordered about 4 sizes too big.....OOPS!!!

The lady we met was wonderful and it's going to cost me less than $50 and she basically has to remake the dress. I am SO happy my friend recommended her woot.gif

Pictures to come when I go back mid February.

 

Now, back to my sound system dilemma - I know someone here had a tech savvy husband or future husband and was going to keep me informed of any good deals that they found that would be good for the Health Bar which is outside across from the beach, but for the life of me I can't find the post. I have terrible wedding brain these days, please forgive me!!

I'm still trying to decide if I want to rent or purchase. Purchasing makes more sense if we can get one reasonable enough, but I'm not sure if what we purchase will be loud enough, etc.

Someone want to just make this decision for me smile105.gifI would very glad to let you!!!

It was me! Still keeping any eye, will ask my FI if he had any luck. I've been ragging on him to work on our paper products, so he probably forgot. I vote bring your own, but that's just me and probably because that's what I'm doing :)

 

How many people are you having again? We are having probably 25 and I think the player should be enough for Health Bar, which is also where ours is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked him, and he said he gets all his good electronic deals from Tiger Direct (aka CompUSA). I don't know where exactly you live, they do have a store out here by me, but they also have some online:

 

http://www.tigerdirect.com

 

I don't know about you, but I'm also obsessed with Amazon. I bet you could find a good deal on there, and if you find one that qualifies for Free Super Saver Shipping then that's a bonus :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're making us wait a month for pics of you in your dress? cruel!!!! cry.gif

 

I'm glad the alterations won't be expensive for you. where did you order it from again??

 

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

I had my first dress fitting today and it went really well. I bought my dress from one of those knock off shops in China. I paid $150 for it and was really concerned the alterations would cost more than the dress because I ordered about 4 sizes too big.....OOPS!!!

The lady we met was wonderful and it's going to cost me less than $50 and she basically has to remake the dress. I am SO happy my friend recommended her woot.gif

Pictures to come when I go back mid February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies, 

 

In talking about the set up fee, are you all finding there is a flat set up fee for decorations you bring yourself or if you use decorations provided by Lomas?

 

I ordered invitations, a wedding website cards and RSVP card from a designer on Etsy who sent me a PDF for all three that I print myself. Two per page so I don't have to print as many copies.

Here is a copy of the RSVP card.  Did you ladies use any type of pocket folder for the invitations or did you just put all the items in an envelope? I'm going to use nice card stock but I am not quite sure how to do the presentation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Allie, since the map of EDR is beyond mini, I can't tell where anything is and would like to point guests in the right direction of key locations.

 

Would you help me by pointing out where gazebo 55 is? I know you give directions on your wedding website, but I still can't understand where on the map it is.  Also, where is guacamayas and cocotal relative to gazebo 55? We're doing ceremony at the gazebo then moving to cocotal then most likely guacamayas (that's the night club, right?).

 

Also, while I'm asking, what did you think about the night club, good music, fun, etc.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much.

 

Now to just figure out what would work. There are only 16 of us and we will be at the health bar, any suggestions on brand etc?

Thanks for the help as I am tech illiterate!!

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

I asked him, and he said he gets all his good electronic deals from Tiger Direct (aka CompUSA). I don't know where exactly you live, they do have a store out here by me, but they also have some online:

 

http://www.tigerdirect.com

 

I don't know about you, but I'm also obsessed with Amazon. I bet you could find a good deal on there, and if you find one that qualifies for Free Super Saver Shipping then that's a bonus :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered the dress from www.kissdresses.com. I would post a pic of the model, but they don't have that one for sale anymore.

I'm only making you wait a month because I was so preoccupied I forgot to take any pictures today.....oops!!! Soon though!!

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

You're making us wait a month for pics of you in your dress? cruel!!!! cry.gif

 

I'm glad the alterations won't be expensive for you. where did you order it from again??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok Gale, in that case I'll forgive you for making us wait (and you know I'm just teasing you, right??).

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

I ordered the dress from www.kissdresses.com. I would post a pic of the model, but they don't have that one for sale anymore.

I'm only making you wait a month because I was so preoccupied I forgot to take any pictures today.....oops!!! Soon though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

You're making us wait a month for pics of you in your dress? cruel!!!! cry.gif

 

I'm glad the alterations won't be expensive for you. where did you order it from again??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, no problem!

 

Here's a link to the map on their website. If you double click it, it'll get (a little) bigger.

http://www.eldoradosparesorts.com/hotels/el_dorado_royale/location.php

 

Gazebo 55 is the double rings at the far left on the beach.

 

Guacamayas is in the middle of the resort - next to the "Club House" - it's spot B2, just to the right & behind the chapel.

 

Cocotal is in the same builidng as the main lobby, it's just downstairs. The easiest landmark on the map is the Grand Ballroom, it's just "below" that. The Martini bar is also next to the main lobby.

 

We sent our guests from Gazebo 55 to the Martini bar for (informal) cocktails, and then to Tucanes for the reception. Some of them stopped at Jojos for drinks and snacks instead of going to the Martini bar.

 

We honestly didn't care for Guacamayas. We went there one night, and the music (live cover band) was just...bad...lol We couldn't drink fast enough to make it entertaining. Maybe it's just us though! Others seemed to enjoy it. We hung out at the Martini bar or the Beach bar most nights.

 

We didn't catch many of the shows - just the fire show. That one was worth watching.

 

Does that help?

Originally Posted by nbateman View Post

Hey Allie, since the map of EDR is beyond mini, I can't tell where anything is and would like to point guests in the right direction of key locations.

 

Would you help me by pointing out where gazebo 55 is? I know you give directions on your wedding website, but I still can't understand where on the map it is.  Also, where is guacamayas and cocotal relative to gazebo 55? We're doing ceremony at the gazebo then moving to cocotal then most likely guacamayas (that's the night club, right?).

 

Also, while I'm asking, what did you think about the night club, good music, fun, etc.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I purchased a suit from Studio Suits in spring 2019.  I looked around everywhere because I was looking for a specific color which wasn't easy to find, so when I found it on their website I read all the info on their website where they claim to deliver high quality suits, premium material, great tailoring, etc. It couldn't be more false. First of all the company is from INDIA and you won't find out until you receive the package. You order from Stu Suits and receive the package from Harry Suits. I received a suit that was at least two sizes bigger, the shoulders where different one from another, the hamming on the ankles was visible and poorly done.The quality of the fabric was extremely mediocre. The lining looked and felt cheap, no attention to details and no mention anywhere of the kind of material.  When I placed the order I did not receive any welcoming email, but simply one stating my measurements were  not correct and I needed to pay for a trial suit 99$. I re took the measurements and confirmed them. They simply replied saying "all sales are final". When I placed the order they said it would take them 6 weeks to deliver the "custom made suit". I received it within ten days, why? because it wasn't custom at all. I can't stress enough how bad the quality of their product and service is. There are so many other services that can deliver so much better quality for less than what this con company asks for. Hope this can help you folks
    • Karla Casillas is dishonest and a liar . DO NOT USE her . She will be the missing wedding planner on your wedding day . After being paid in full she did not show up and texted  that she is sick . We had to take over  to save the wedding of 150 guests at Grand Velas . Cabo  MISSING WEDDING PLANNER.
    • Hello friends, We are pleased to announce the launch of our brand new website! After years of hard work and dedication, we are delighted to officially announce The Wedding Factory & Co I'd love it if you'd go take a look. Here's the link: https://theweddingfactoryandco.com/ https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=514815465723368&id=438996693305246&sfnsn=mo Also on Instagram @theweddingfactoryandco  I hope you find our website with a fresh look, easy to access and we also wish to establish this portal as a source of information for those who visit our site... Thank you  VERONICA MIRANDA   
    • You might consider underground studio Puerto Vallarta. They are a young coupe doing an excellent Job at affordable rates.
    • Thanks for answering Patty! We are having the legal proceedings done in December so february is the celebration. We will have pictures first then a ceremony with a religious discourse and then have the reception.  I'm guessing we will be 50 people, give or take. Half of them are Canadian. They will need accommodations but if we have the wedding ag a resort I dont want them to be forced into staying there if they dont want to. 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...