• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#541 truchis

truchis
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by carmresu 

Hi there,

1 - I had my wedding in the Chapel on 11/22/11 at 4pm followed immediately by the cocktail hour & private reception. At some point in our planning we wanted there to be an hour lag betwen the ceremony and cocktail hour so we can take pictures, but eventually decided against it. When I brought this up to Elsa (who was also my WC) she never mentioned anything about a $400 fee.  However, I've found they do add expenses from year to year.

2 - We had 150 people at our wedding at the chapel and they set up the extra chairs for us at no charge. Again, this could be an additional fee they've added for 2012 (which is absurd!). The chapel probably held 30 to 40 guests and everyone else sat in the white folding chairs.

Happy planning!! 

Carmresu,

We are thinking of having our wedding there, but haven't done much research. The info I found on their website was mostly for small weddings, so when I saw your post I got really excited! We are planning on having about 100 people. Where did you have the reception? Terrace, beach, ballroom? How long was it? From reading previous posts it seems 3hr or 4hr max if you pay extra? Did you have a live band? Any information helps! Thanks a bunch! :)

#542 carmresu

carmresu
    • 23 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

It depends what kind of package you have.  For us, we had a Royal Catholic package that already included free champagne and cake for 10 people (or something like that) and we had to pay an extra $5 for champagne & cake setup for the rest of our guests. We couldn't just cancel the champagne for everyone, which didn't make much sense.

I'd ask your wedding coordinator about it.

Originally Posted by acornk 

I read somewhere that there is a mandatory chapagne toast? Is this true?

I was never notified about this and really don't feel that I want it.

Any last minute tips from anyone is greatly appreciated :) We are getting married here on April 7th with 30+ guests, incredibly excited!

#543 acornk

acornk
      • 68 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Has anyone used the videographer at this resort? If so , what did you think of them and do you have their information (website I can view)

:) Thanks!

Marrying my high school sweetheart on April 7th 2012 at the Gran Caribe Real Resort

#544 mizpriya

mizpriya
        • 268 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Does anyone have Elsa Torres as their WC? If you do, please let me know what your experiences with her was/is like?

#545 carmresu

carmresu
          • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by carmresu 

Hi there,

1 - I had my wedding in the Chapel on 11/22/11 at 4pm followed immediately by the cocktail hour & private reception. At some point in our planning we wanted there to be an hour lag betwen the ceremony and cocktail hour so we can take pictures, but eventually decided against it. When I brought this up to Elsa (who was also my WC) she never mentioned anything about a $400 fee.  However, I've found they do add expenses from year to year.

2 - We had 150 people at our wedding at the chapel and they set up the extra chairs for us at no charge. Again, this could be an additional fee they've added for 2012 (which is absurd!). The chapel probably held 30 to 40 guests and everyone else sat in the white folding chairs.

Happy planning!! 

Carmresu,

We are thinking of having our wedding there, but haven't done much research. The info I found on their website was mostly for small weddings, so when I saw your post I got really excited! We are planning on having about 100 people. Where did you have the reception? Terrace, beach, ballroom? How long was it? From reading previous posts it seems 3hr or 4hr max if you pay extra? Did you have a live band? Any information helps! Thanks a bunch! :)

Hi I posted a review on the gcr's page... It should have all that you need, if not, just pm me http://www.bestdesti...clusive/reviews

#546 carmresu

carmresu
            • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Has anyone used the videographer at this resort? If so , what did you think of them and do you have their information (website I can view)

:) Thanks!

Hi there, Sorry to not directly answer your question but we considered using the hotel videographer and photographer (which was included in our package), but decided to get our own vendors instead since the work on funever site (funeverphotos.com) was not that impressive. Here's the work of our vendors ... So happy we went this route! http://johnlauren.com/blog/?p=991

#547 ncalvar

ncalvar
              • 53 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

I'm getting married at the Grand Caribe Real on April 24, 2013 and would love any information/feedback that you might have. =)

#548 mizpriya

mizpriya
                • 268 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by ncalvar 

I'm getting married at the Grand Caribe Real on April 24, 2013 and would love any information/feedback that you might have. =)

I'm getting married April 23, 2013!!! See you there :o)

#549 ncalvar

ncalvar
                  • 53 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

@mizpriya   Ha ha how funny! I guess you will see me there! =)  I'll be the one stalking your wedding trying to figure out how it's all supposed to flow together. Lol

Do you have everything set up already?  I still need to make some decisions...... 

#550 mizpriya

mizpriya
                    • 268 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

@ncalvar I'm pretty much set I think. I just have to get there to see how all will flow there. I have to submit my menu choices still. Other than that...unless I am forgetting things, I am good to go for what's required there. Now I just have to get sorted out with the projects that I have to work on here for the wedding. How is your planning going? How did you find it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users