Where can I get a linen suit for the groom?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 RiuBride2b

• 298 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:14 PM

My fiance wants to wear linen and not dress up. I want him to wear a nice lightweight suit. I have come to the decision that maybe there is a linen suit out there some where. Does anyone have any clue where it could be?

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

my DH wore a linen suit to our wedding...there is a short season on linen suits...they mainly show up around february/march...we found his at jcrew

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

Dan wore a beige linen suit (sans a tie) that we bought from J. Crew. We also saw them at Banana Republic. I would recommend buying it now while it's still summer otherwise you may have difficulty in the fall/winter.
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#4 leigh miller

leigh miller
      • 936 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:23 PM

banana republic is going to have to start paying me a commission! they have tan and white linen suits on sale right now on their website.

#5 jajajaja

• VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:23 PM

We just did this last weekend. You better act fast if you want to do it this season. Most were on their way out.

Macy's had some. Nordstroms moved theirs to The Rack, so skip looking at their store and go straight for The Rack.

We found a few in JcPennys. They were alright- not the best. I also found some online at Target. I wanted to check to see if they were decent quality but I never made it there.

We decided not to do a linen suit after all of this. We did find nice cotton/linen blend pants by Dockers at Macy's.
          Happily married since 2008

#6 leigh miller

leigh miller
          • 936 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

my son actually has the target tan suit. it looks nice. photographs well. probably not the most comfortable fabric. a little thicker and stiff maybe.

#7 RiuBride2b

• 298 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:40 PM

You guys are quick and on point.....Thanks for the suggestions.

It is greatly appreciated.

#8 pipi619

• 59 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:13 AM

we bought it from JCrew. They were having a sale - Jacket for $130 and pants for $40.

#9 beckyandbrian

• 113 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:22 AM

Go to Macy's. They were having a huge sale (70% off) last week. We bought his suit there a week ago - last Thursday - and saved so much $$! They had quite a few to choose from actually. They had one by I.N.C that was nice. We ended up purchasing a really great Perry Ellis suit and paid $40 for the jacket and $17 for the pants! The pants were slightly long, but we are just going to hem them. Definitely check out Macy's soon because I'm sure they will go fast.
                  Our wedding slideshow: www.elizabethmedina.com/beckybrian

#10 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:00 PM

For those of you who had linen, did it wrinkle? I realize linen usually has wrinkles, but were they bad?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users