Any brides from the UK

• Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#2271 samcalv1

samcalv1
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Hi Everyone

Just sorting out the deposit for the photographer and it is going through Paypal, I am paying with pounds and then they convert it into mexican pesos.  Is this what is happening with your deposits for photographers.  I just want to double check on everything.... My photographer sounds really nice but everything is done via e-mail and the deposit is 30%..... Is this the norm????? Thanks everyone.... :-)

#2272 michelle2011

michelle2011
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

Aww Nicy that is SO cute what a lovely idea putting your grandad's pic in it :o)

You gotta love a pound shop. I might pop to one see what i can pick up. Really wanted to get some playing cards like Josie did  for the OOT bags but haven't seen any. Maybe now the summery stuff is coming out they will get some in!

As for photographers. Ours said we didn't have to pay a deposit we can settle up when out there. They said cos of the tax's etc its easier. So what i might do is pay half before we go via Paypal and then the rest in cash while we're there. Don't want to have to take it all out there in cash but also dont want to pay it all up front if you know what i mean! 

We did have to pay a deposit for our video ppl though. Its $550 and we had to pay $300 depoist. We did that via Paypal too.

#2273 herbie76

herbie76
      • Site Supporter
      • 270 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by *lyndsey* 

hey herbie,

i got an email today from my new wedding coordinator, apparently angie no longer works for them! my new WC is called Maria and she has already been more helpul than Angie ever was!!

Hi Lyndsey thanks for that, I emailed sensatori and they wasn't happy and had said that they had lots of emails complaining of no response. I'm still waiting to hear from someone though  maybe i might get an email tomorrow.

On August 2nd at 3pm at Sensatori Resort, Riviera Maya, Mexico I marry my best friend.

#2274 janapana

janapana
        • 591 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:49 AM

Nic that photo charm is beautiful, really pretty. It 's one of my favourite things that i did, (had Ant 's grandma in tears mind)

.DSC_2711.JPG

#2275 waybuloo

waybuloo
          • 306 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:11 AM

Michelle - Sports Direct Eltham High Street on the counter they have got packs of playing cards for 69p each!!  I got them for OOT bags the other day :)

Originally Posted by michelle2011 

Aww Nicy that is SO cute what a lovely idea putting your grandad's pic in it :o)

You gotta love a pound shop. I might pop to one see what i can pick up. Really wanted to get some playing cards like Josie did  for the OOT bags but haven't seen any. Maybe now the summery stuff is coming out they will get some in!

As for photographers. Ours said we didn't have to pay a deposit we can settle up when out there. They said cos of the tax's etc its easier. So what i might do is pay half before we go via Paypal and then the rest in cash while we're there. Don't want to have to take it all out there in cash but also dont want to pay it all up front if you know what i mean! 

We did have to pay a deposit for our video ppl though. Its $550 and we had to pay $300 depoist. We did that via Paypal too.

#2276 michelle2011

michelle2011
            • 1,301 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by waybuloo 

Michelle - Sports Direct Eltham High Street on the counter they have got packs of playing cards for 69p each!!  I got them for OOT bags the other day :)

Quote:
              Originally Posted by michelle2011 

Really????? wow what a bargain. Are they in them little plastic boxes?

I'm gonna pop up there over the weekend. Might pop in that massive £shop too ;o)

Girls i've seen ANOTHER pair of shoes i like!!! What am i like!! But i'm not sure if they are more red than pink so gonna have to pop to shops have a nosey ;o) any excuse ah?

http://www.office.co...24375/1?fs=9286 

#2277 herbie76

herbie76
              • Site Supporter
              • 270 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by *lyndsey* 

hey herbie,

i got an email today from my new wedding coordinator, apparently angie no longer works for them! my new WC is called Maria and she has already been more helpul than Angie ever was!!

Hi Lyndsey, well I finally got an email today, my new WC is Grace so we will see how she goes. I sent her a long email having to ask all the things that Angie didnt reply to.

On August 2nd at 3pm at Sensatori Resort, Riviera Maya, Mexico I marry my best friend.

#2278 Nicyx

Nicyx
                • 2,914 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by janapana 

Nic that photo charm is beautiful, really pretty. It 's one of my favourite things that i did, (had Ant 's grandma in tears mind)

.DSC_2711.JPG

Awwwww, Jo I that, Its gorgeous, and seeing that i know now i have definatly definatly done the right thing... Dont know why i debated so long really.

It really does look fantastic :-) Its lovely.

Thanks for sharing the picture!!! x

#2279 janapana

janapana
                  • 591 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

Ooooh Michelle, gorgeous shoes. I think you should buy them anyway! You can never have too many shoes!

#2280 janapana

janapana
                    • 591 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

thanks nicy, must have been posting at same time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users