Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ok taking on board what you said Nicci... I just ordered them!

 

I only plan on getting married once and I want favours people will love and re-use!!

 

I also really wanted a starfish for my bouquet but every site I found wanted ridiculous shipping $65 for a $15 starfish!

 

I found a website that has the bottle stoppers and the starfish that wants only $18 shipping! thewave.gif

 

So I ordered the starfish Starfish Bouquet Jewelry - 3 colors

 

Andddd a fuschia and orange garter to go with my wedding colours woop pinkie.gif

 

Darling Duo Fuchsia/Orange Garter

 

Also great Idea to get a list going of UK brides!!! xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
Hey ladies I like the borrowing of the sixpence idea - but I have my borrowed item - my mums garter from when she married my dad :-)
Lovely idea Nicy - if my mum cant find her garter I will be in the sixpence club. You can get them on ebay really cheap x
Ahhh that is lovely!! I wish I had something like that to borrow from my mother or even my FI's mother!

I intend to keep some items from my wedding so that my *future* (hopefully) daughter can use for her something borrowed!

Hope you post a pic when your mum finds it! x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So heres the current list of UK brides............

 

2010

 

July 2010

Woodsylou

30/07/10

Moon Palace

From Bishops Stortford

 

Sept 2010

roo6 6

03/09/10

Zante, Greece

From Lenham, Kent

 

Oct 2010

Mrs Price 2010

05/10/10

Riu Tequila

From Gloucester

 

Dec 2010

yeya99

30/12/10

Gran Caribe Real

 

2011

 

January 2011

 

jodieP (Jodie)

11/01/11

Riu Caribe

From Glasgow

 

janapana(Joanna)

12/01/11

Riu Tequila

Living in Spain

 

josietoms (Josie)

24/01/11

Catalonia Riviera Maya

From Tunbridge Wells, Kent

 

March 2011

 

BecaJ

26/03/11

Gran Porto Real

From Luton

 

April 2011

 

Jacqui

April 2011

Moon Palace

From Liverpool

 

roxmysockz (Kerry)

08/04/11

Dreams Riviera Cancun

From Billericay, Essex

 

May 2011

 

JoanneIreland

May 2011

Barcelo Maya

From Ireland

 

Nicyx (Nicola)

06/05/11

Riu Palace

From Warrington - living in Annan

 

June 2011

 

Michelle2011 (Michelle)

01/06/11

Barcelo Maya Palace

From Welling, Kent

 

Waybuloo (Lisa)

02/06/11

Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

From London

 

July 2011

 

leonie1986

07/07/11

Casamagna Marriott, Cancun

 

Lynsey

25/07/11

El Dorado Royale

From Glasgow

 

November 2011

 

Soon-To-Be-McRae (Vicki)

12/11/11

Gran Caribe Real

From Blackpool

 

2012

 

char79UK (Charmaine)

July 2012

Gran Caribe Real

From Croydon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow i didn't realise there were so many of us UK brides on here, that's wicked. Thanx Josie!!

 

Girls my "bride" bag was from graciousbridal.com and was $19.95.

 

I love the starfish bottle stops Kerry! lovely idea...

 

with regard to weight... is it one case per paying person? I heard you can also have an extra case for the wedding dress is this correct? I am putting my dress in a hand luggage case so was thinking of using the spare one for wedding bits? Can anyone enlighten me on what is and isn't correct? Thanx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd check with your tour operator regarding weight! I'm going with Thomsons and they give you extra for your wedding attire and because my hotels classed as 'Platinum' they give you extra as well!! My bloke keeps telling me that I'm got no excuse to be over..... hmmm still might happen!!

 

Great idea regarding the six pence - I've already got one and it's kind of been in the family for ages, the women pass it on to the next bride to be and so on. Would offer to share it also, but think my Mum would hit the roof!!

 

Can't believe how many UK brides there are!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
What a great idea.... Yes i see that starfish passing thread and i just think its wonderful... What could we borrow? Interesting :-)

I posted my fans on the DIY forum today, I have 3 different handles, just to be different :-)

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...iy-fans-61704/

xox
LOVE them! so brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmag87 View Post
Hi am I from the UK and just recently got engaged a couple of weeks ago. We are looking into having our wedding at the Moon Palace, Cancun or the Royal, Cancun.

Is anyone else having their Wedding at any of these hotels?
hey! welcome! where in the UK are you? i get married at the Moon Palace NEXT WEEK! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by char79uk View Post
Wow, can't believe you'll be going soon. just enjoy every minute of it and bring us back lots of photos.

xx
Thank you!!! I am mega excited! it's my last day at work today, look at my desk!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post
Ok taking on board what you said Nicci... I just ordered them!

I only plan on getting married once and I want favours people will love and re-use!!

I also really wanted a starfish for my bouquet but every site I found wanted ridiculous shipping $65 for a $15 starfish!

I found a website that has the bottle stoppers and the starfish that wants only $18 shipping! thewave.gif

So I ordered the starfish Starfish Bouquet Jewelry - 3 colors

Andddd a fuschia and orange garter to go with my wedding colours woop pinkie.gif

Darling Duo Fuchsia/Orange Garter

Also great Idea to get a list going of UK brides!!! xx
have you thought about buying things out there? i am worried about weight, so im getting my tea lights, shot glasses and star fish from wallmart out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
wow i didn't realise there were so many of us UK brides on here, that's wicked. Thanx Josie!!

Girls my "bride" bag was from graciousbridal.com and was $19.95.

I love the starfish bottle stops Kerry! lovely idea...

with regard to weight... is it one case per paying person? I heard you can also have an extra case for the wedding dress is this correct? I am putting my dress in a hand luggage case so was thinking of using the spare one for wedding bits? Can anyone enlighten me on what is and isn't correct? Thanx
it depends on your airline. im with thomas cook. out hand luggage is only 5kg and 23x17x11 so there's no way i can take my dress on as hand luggage. but we did get a free suitcase up to 20kg for wedding 'etire' only!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha love your desk louise..... are you doing any work today?! What have you got left to do with your next couple of days before you go? Apart from bouncing around like an over-excited tweenie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha! cute isn't it? so far today i've had a gorgeous photo frame, a 'home sweet home' thing to hang on the wall and a bottle of bubbly! more to come too! WAHOOO!

 

i have a few things, beaticians/hairdressers, i need to pack, i need to confirm the catamaran trip, i need to change money up, that kind of thing. im sure there is more, but i can't be bothered to think about it! i just want to be drunk! hahaha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsylou View Post
haha! cute isn't it? so far today i've had a gorgeous photo frame, a 'home sweet home' thing to hang on the wall and a bottle of bubbly! more to come too! WAHOOO!

i have a few things, beaticians/hairdressers, i need to pack, i need to confirm the catamaran trip, i need to change money up, that kind of thing. im sure there is more, but i can't be bothered to think about it! i just want to be drunk! hahaha!
Love your desk that is so cute! Wishing you a fantastic time away and will be thinking of you - whoop whoop Woodsylou is on the wedding train!!! Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×