Jump to content

Photo

When to have a place booked???


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 amester1974

amester1974
  • Newbie
  • 21 posts

    Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

    Hi all,.just started my planning - ahhh, so much to think about! But my main stress right now is WHEN should I have a place picked/booked - wedding is MArch Break 2011? SOme of you look like you are a year in advance! My agent said wholesalers release sale prices in the fall- I don't think I can wait that long!! Soooo, you guys have to tell me - should I gun down and do it now

    #2 tracy0716

    tracy0716
    • Jr. Member
    • 431 posts

      Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

      Depends a lot on your approach and preference...I booked a little less than a yr beforehand because I wanted our date and wanted to get the planning process going. My resort locks in the wedding prices for the year you book in...so we booked in Aug 2009 and are subject to 2009 prices not 2010 which have gone up. We put down a $500 deposit for the wedding but didn't book our rooms and flight until a few months later. It's really up to you, good luck!

      #3 Knbell22

      Knbell22
      • Newbie
      • 129 posts

        Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

        Hi there and welcome to the forum! Have you narrowed down which resort you would like to get married at? Or at least which area/country? If you are planning on a March 2011 wedding, I would definitely get a jump start and nail down your date. I am a June 2011 bride and in the past few weeks, i have seen many dates for June being taken so If you know which resort you want to get married at, I would definitely get in contact with the WC there and see what you need to do to secure your date.

        You may want to first check with your WC to see what the cancellation policy is. I know that at our resort, we can cancel up to 6 months before the wedding and still get our deposit back. That allows some time to still see what rates will be like. So it was easy for us to just send the deposit and secure our date knowing if for some reason the rates end up looking really high, we still have the option to pick a different resort.

        Hope this helps :) Happy Planning!

        #4 Fireweed

        Fireweed
        • Newbie
        • 77 posts

          Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

          My wedding is over Christmas break this year and we just booked our resort - 8 months ahead. They didn't even have the prices yet for the following year before now. But they should have the prices for March break in the next few months. Book as early as you can as March break fills up fast, as does Christmas break!

          Good luck!

          #5 BeachBrideSoon

          BeachBrideSoon
          • Jr. Member
          • 193 posts

            Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Knbell22
            Hi there and welcome to the forum! Have you narrowed down which resort you would like to get married at? Or at least which area/country? If you are planning on a March 2011 wedding, I would definitely get a jump start and nail down your date. I am a June 2011 bride and in the past few weeks, i have seen many dates for June being taken so If you know which resort you want to get married at, I would definitely get in contact with the WC there and see what you need to do to secure your date.

            You may want to first check with your WC to see what the cancellation policy is. I know that at our resort, we can cancel up to 6 months before the wedding and still get our deposit back. That allows some time to still see what rates will be like. So it was easy for us to just send the deposit and secure our date knowing if for some reason the rates end up looking really high, we still have the option to pick a different resort.

            Hope this helps :) Happy Planning!
            Wow, this helps me LOTS! :) Thank you!!
            I'm planning on getting married in January 2011 and we've picked our city of where we want to get married, just not the resort and mainly because I want to see what prices will be then. I think I've just realized, we need to pick a date and book it with a resort and then find out their cancellation policy...ahhh, I feel like a light bulb just went off. Then we could send out a STD with the month and city we're planning!!!
            Again, thanks so much!! Its going to be a busy weekend working on STD's!!!
            BeachBrideSoon

            #6 MrsMiller2b

            MrsMiller2b
            • Jr. Member
            • 160 posts

              Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

              I agree! I think you need to get your place confirmed so that you can be sure your date is locked in and guests can start planning for travel once you let them know when and where you're planning to get married. I wouldn't finalize my STDs until you're sure everything is agreed upon with your location and venue.

              #7 Pinky

              Pinky
              • Newbie
              • 134 posts

                Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

                Great advice. I'm guess no properties will probably have rates for Nov. 2011 yet? That's our projected timeframe, although the actual date has yet to be decided.

                #8 SKing24

                SKing24
                • Jr. Member
                • 265 posts

                  Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

                  amester I'm in the same boat as you. Ive just been reading all the posts on this forum for the last two weeks trying to find a good resort but Im just as overwhelmed as ever. We were hoping for april 2011 but its seems as if most brides already have dates booked for april! I think it depends on when you're getting married as for when you should book. For weddings in the fall you dont have to do it as early, but for Mar-June we need to get moving! I just booked TA Jill to help because I dont know if I could do it on my own.
                  Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

                  #9 DiamondGirl

                  DiamondGirl
                  • Member
                  • 710 posts

                    Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:40 AM

                    amester1974,
                    definitely get your venue booked ASAP. Worry about the release of prices later. Otherwise, you'll end up paying a higher price for the following year. Definitely want to lock in your package price now. There's so much to be done!! Get going!! Good luck & Happy Planning!! :)

                    #10 Lolita29

                    Lolita29
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 426 posts

                      Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

                      Welcome to the forum, i have my resort booked as i wanted to make sure the date and time i wantd i got, and i did!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users