Puerto Vallarta wedding review

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nmers

• 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

Hi ladies,

I thought I'd write a little review of my wedding so future brides can get some other ideas with planning their weddings. :) I'm mainly writing this review for brides who are on a tight budget and want a something a little bit different from other destination weddings. :)

We experienced some snags at both the ceremony and reception, but in the end, everyone had a really amazing time. I didn't want a wedding at a hotel, so we found a great restaurant on the beach just blocks from the church that turned out to be beautiful and affordable.

We got married at Our Lady of Guadalupe, which is downtown. Father Esteban Salazar Gonzalez, who is bilingual, married us and the ceremony was bilingual. I was pretty nervous about the logistics of it all, because my fiance was the one who communicated with the church (in Spanish) months preceding the wedding, and he didn't know exactly how everything would be either, but it was beautiful. The fee was $150 USD for organ music and a full mass.

For makeup, I went to Facetas Agencia, a modeling agency. They're located in Colinia Versalles, address is Milan 285 (Click the image to open in full size.

#2 sabbott

• 52 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

Fantastic review! Sounds like all of your planning worked out and even what wasnt perfect made for wonderful memories! Congratulations!!

#3 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
      • 1,574 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:03 AM

Beautiful review .... three "local" notes .... Frissia does a great job of flowers - but if you want something that has to be ordered (like orchids or peonies) they probably won't be able to do what it is you want on such short notice.

Two - Charme DID relocate and are not in that area anymore and, honestly, I'm pretty sure both of those bakeries know it. It's a small town, we all know each other. Most of us are friends and friendly. But I'm pretty sure there was no way they were going to give up your businesses (and/or the people working there hadn't been there for very long and might not even had known who Charme is). So, Charme IS VERY MUCH still in business and have moved to a bigger location which they built themselves which is out of the way (bad for taste testers to find - but they explain everything so not so terrible) but GREAT because they needed more space.

Finally, it would not surprise me if, in actuality, at least one of those extra musicians were not there specifically for your wedding but just doing rounds, like many of the musicians do - and took advantage of the fact that there was a wedding there. It's extremely common practice for musicians to do rounds at restaurants in the area and, yep, each song costs $50 pesos - so highly doubt that any accidents happen - pretty sure it was just another night of rounds and you just happened to be there .

#4 nmers

• 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:29 AM

Thanks Mishka! I'm glad to know Charme is still in business since there were very receptive in my emails. At least everything worked out with the bakery we ended up using. :)

I figured the trio was probably one that was making their rounds since I've seen groups like them before. :)

And to edit the price on the photography - it was under 8000 pesos.

Thanks to all for reading! I hope you all have a wonderful time in Puerto Vallarta or wherever your destination wedding may be.

#5 autjo

• 2,182 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for the review! I'm sure it will help a lot of other PV brides. I looked through your pics and you looked gorgeous! One of my faves is the picture with the confetti outside of the church. It's so fun to read about other PV weddings, I just love that town. Congrats and best wishes on your new marriage :o)

#6 Photoshootsvallarta

• 37 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

Thank you Nelma for mentioning us! We were so happy and honored to be with you in your special day!

Eva & Toms
              Photo Shoots in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#7 krmiller

• 239 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the review! Congrats!

#8 KaytlinJean

• 178 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

Thanks so much for the review! I am so glad you had such a great day and stayed close to your original budget. You look beautiful in your dress!

#9 Photoshootsvallarta

• 37 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

Nelma, you can see your wedding pictures in our new wedding photography webpage Bodas-PV.jpeg

#10 adcarter41

• 188 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

Love the dress and veil! Thanks for the review!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users