Sign in to follow this  
laurenvuitton

Airfare to Cancun

Just venting and hoping airfare from Chicago to Cancun is going to go down eventually! When we sent our save the dates out in January... they were in the mid 350's which I thought was high, now its up to $500ish for non stops. Hoping that they will go down at some point in the summer (our wedding is November) did any of you other brides flying to cancun see the flights fluctuating a lot?

I am getting married November 12th. Some of my guests (including myself) booked in January for 380 non stop round trip from NY. Non stop is now over 600 round trip. Many of my guests have since only booked the room in the hope flights will go down during the summer.

Same here. We booked our trip from NJ (Newark) a few months ago for $350 non-stop. Now prices have skyrocketed. I'm just hoping they go down. I think guests are going to have to make a stop if they don't want to pay a huge amount for their ticket.

We are flying non-stop out of St. Louis on a charter flight and the cost is approx $300 pp RT. And the 11th person flies free so the price goes down from there. We were able to find commercial flights for a little less but they had layovers. We are traveling 10/1-10/8. I believe Jan is more 'prime' season, that is one of the reasons we opted for early fall travel...the resort prices were cheaper then, too. Good luck! Oh, I would HIGHLY suggest using a TA, they are a huge help in getting the best pricing and perks!

Usually, from my experience anyway, prices go up around summer time when every one starts booking summer holidays. It's always a gamble though...they could go back down or might even go higher, but I think next time they are in the $300's BOOK!!! That's a great price to CUN imo.

I wish I had your prices - in Calgary, Canada - direct flights to cancun are one, hard to come by and for some reason the most expensive. Flights alone start at $600 and go upwards to $1200.

Count your blessings........

I have been looking at travel prices from Chicago as well, and they are going up. Hopefully they'll come down once we get into summer, but while people are planning summer vacations and such it's usually high.

Depending on how many seats are left, it might just get higher sad.gif

they fluctuate allllll the time....just keep your eye out for a special! I religiously watch the prices, and as soon as something great pops up i notify the guests that i know are still not booked....on tuesdays apple vacations is the first website i visit. course, if you have a TA he/she is probably doing this for you already!

Kel - I have a TA but its through Destinationweddings.com and she has not been helpful at all. I am pretty much doing all the work and notifying her when I find cheaper prices for our resort... But anyways... I will check applevacations :)