Lisa's Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Review

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#101 NegrilLB

• 172 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

Hi Sabrina,

Nope - He was able to get on the property without a day pass.  He had been in contact with Nicole while we were planning everything, so probably when he got to the front desk he just asked for her and was able to get in and set up.

118 Guests + Bride and Groom Attended

#102 breeze616

• 1,760 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:26 AM

Ok, good to know. Thank you Lisa!

#103 taylorwd

• 932 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:27 AM

Wonderful review and belated CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Your cake makes me laugh because it reminds me of our own terribly-botched wedding cake.  We had the resort do ours, we picked one of their 5 standard cakes and made minimal changes, and it was uuuuuuuuuuuuuu-gly!  You should submit your cake to www.cakewrecks.com

#104 marilyne

• 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

Thank you!  I got in touch with her,

#105 NikkiT.

• 106 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

Hey sweetie!  Do you know the name of the loung with the bar and grey and red leather furniture...it's kind of closed off?  I was thinking about having the welcome gathering there, but I don't know what name to ask Nicole for.  Please let me know if you can remember.

#106 NegrilLB

• 172 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

hmmm, grey and red leather furniture...I'm pretty sure that's the lobby bar area. The chairs have kind of a rounded back right? It's just off to the side of the lobby so it's not really closed off, but it is a nice area.  I can't think of what other lounge it would be, unless its the club downstairs.  I don't remember what kind of chairs they have down there.

118 Guests + Bride and Groom Attended

#107 NikkiT.

• 106 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:27 AM

Yes...the furniture is low to the floor and rounded backs. The wall is half closed with a small opening.  Ok, so I wonder if she will let us have the welcome gathering there so that we can be inside in the AC and plus my cocktail hour is on the lobby terrace so I didn't want to have it there. 

#108 mrsgreene2011

• 307 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:57 AM

Hi Lisa, I wanted to ask you, did they automatically bump you up to a presidential suite because you have so many guest. Also, was there an extra fee for the beach party; was it during your reception?

#109 Sharan

• 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

Hi Lisa,

WOW! Your wedding was amazing (and the cake was hilarious!).  Thank you so much for the wonderful information. 

I just joined a couple days ago, and have been struggling with deciding on a resort in Jamaica...I think you have sealed the deal for me!  The details you provided are so so helpful.  We are also expecting a large group (150) and I was very worried about accommodating such a large group, but you have eased my mind. 

I was wondering about using a TA...I have been looking through some posts here, and it seems like it would be helpful for such a large group.  I am also located in Atlanta, and was wondering if that is where the TA you used is located?  And is it necesary to have a TA in the same city?  I really have never used one so I have no clue how they work:)

Thanks again for all the great info! I just emailed Nicole and hope to get some information regarding pricing and packages and such soon.  I hope you don't mind if I contact you again if I have some more questions:) I really appreciate the help and guidance from everyone here!

#110 mrsdeloatch2be

• 141 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:15 AM

Hi Lisa.. thanks for the feedback about your wedding.  It has been helpful in my final decision to book my wedding at the suites.  I am now trying to prepare package information for my guests.  Did your do that with your wedding? and how far in advance did you book your air and hotel?

June 30, 2011 Iberostar Rose Hall Suite, Montego Bay Jamaica~14 guests booked ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users