Photo

Any 2012 brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#41 Aumuller

Aumuller
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

So far I have really liked working with a TA. I mostly like the idea so I don't have to worry about making all of the reservations/bookings/deals etc. Some brides do that all on their own and say its a lot of work. In terms of prices I don't yet know what kind of deal our TA will get us because prices aren't available yet out for our wedding date. We are looking for Dreams Palm Beach. She has a bride going there in March 2011 who she got a deal for $1500/pp and expedia says $2000/pp. So I'm hoping we will get the same sort of deal for our guests. 

Originally Posted by echraide 

Aumuller- do you feel like using a TA is beneficial? I can't decide what to do. I initially hired one and I had to let her go because of her quotes being so far off from just what the resorts websites said. It seemed so wrong to have someone booking our wedding who is going to costs our guests that much more money and for no reason that she could give me.

We are looking at getting married June 30th 2012 at Moon Palace in Cancun. We go on our site visit in March, but I'm so anxious to get moving! I'm so glad other people are as anxious lol

#42 isasimmons

isasimmons
    • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:56 AM

WOW!! THERE ARE MANY 2012 BRIDES OUT THERE.... I DONT FEEL BAD NOW!!! IM HAVING A HARD TIME FIND THE RIGHT HOTEL...... WE ARE THINKING PARAIDIUS PUNA CANA.... BUT IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER SUGGESTION PLEASE SHARE.

#43 AGibs

AGibs
      • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

We're planning a 2012 wedding in either the DR or Jamaica.  My fiance is a teacher, so it will have to be either in March or over New Years.  We've talked with a travel agent and have a few resorts in mind, but no decisions yet.  Any suggestions on resorts?  We want to be at an all-inclusive but are trying to keep the costs for our guests as reasonable as possible, since we are traveling at busy times.  Has anybody looked into how much a wedding over NYE is?  Are there extra costs since it's a busy time?

So excited to plan - and very happy I found this forum!

#44 jennyalisha

jennyalisha
        • 16 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

We're hoping for a Feb 2012 wedding as well and are also looking into the DR!

#45 Aumuller

Aumuller
          • 365 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

Congrats Jennyalish and welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted by jennyalisha 

We're hoping for a Feb 2012 wedding as well and are also looking into the DR!

#46 jennyalisha

jennyalisha
            • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

Thanks!

I'm from Calgary and am also looking into going through a TA but it does seem like the rates they quote are kinda pricey compared to what you can find online. We're looking at approx. 100-120 guests so doing it on my own will just be a HUGE hassle.. not quite sure what to do.

#47 isasimmons

isasimmons
              • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

WOW!!!! THERE ARE 2012 BRIDES.......WE ARE PLANNING TO GET MARRIED IN DR AUG 2012.......WE ARE SO EXCITED TO PLAN BUT I KNOW THERE IS A LONG ROAD AHEAD OF US!!!!! 

#48 MRR16

MRR16
                • 249 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

waiting for rates back from my TA for June 2012 wedding. HOping to get early bird rates if possible.

#49 AGibs

AGibs
                  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:25 AM

Are you able to get rates for 2012 already?  I've been told that rates generally aren't released until a year in advance.  It's so hard to make decisions without that information!

#50 Aumuller

Aumuller
                    • 365 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:31 AM

I've been told a year in advance as well because flight schedules aren't yet available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users