Photo

EXCELLENCE Resort Punta Cana - New thread started April 2010

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#1 atrott

atrott
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

EPC brides: Not sure if it's OK to start a new thread or not & I hope I'm not offending anyone but I just thought it was really tough to navigate the old thread which was started FOREVER ago! Hope nobody minds!

#2 bikegirl

bikegirl
    • Banned
    • 319 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

I like this idea. On a few other forums I'm on, after a certain number of pages, we start a new thread (sometimes entitled Version 2.0, 3.0, etc.) so it's easier to sort through.

Maybe a mod can even indicate the to-from date of posts in the previous thread and put that in the title (if not too much trouble)? For example "Excellence Punta Cana - 1/1/2008-4/25/2010. Will make everything very organized.

#3 Amelie-Mellow

Amelie-Mellow
      • 52 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

I like this idea-all for a new Excellence forum

#4 atrott

atrott
        • 208 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:22 PM

I think I'm going to be the queen of odd questions! LOL! I figured I'd try this post first before I posted a new thread with the title of 'mosquitoes'. Does anyone know if the mosquito's are a year-round problem in Punta Cana? I've read several posts about them & was just curious.

#5 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
          • 268 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

I went in October and there were none but at our wedding in November they were pretty bad. think it depends on the rain and the wind. Either way bring deet.

#6 TRose

TRose
            • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

I think I've asked a similar question before..but I'm curious about the chairs that they use for the ceremony/reception. It looks like they are lawn chairs..are there any other chairs available? Also how do chair sashes work on lawn chairs?

#7 mdb

mdb
              • 190 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TRose
                I think I've asked a similar question before..but I'm curious about the chairs that they use for the ceremony/reception. It looks like they are lawn chairs..are there any other chairs available? Also how do chair sashes work on lawn chairs?
                I am curious about that also. I thought about hooking the sashes around the bottom near the seat or something. I like the look of the tie but I'm not sure how that would work on those chairs.

#8 Diva

Diva
                • 682 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:16 PM

Looks like most brides had them pinned/attached somehow. The chairs look like they are pretty low at the back.

#9 TRose

TRose
                  • 75 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

I've decided to rent chavari chairs from a local vendor in punta cana..they have white, gold, black and red. What color would you guys choose for an outdoor reception?

#10 nbulldog19

nbulldog19
                    • 103 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

about the mosquito question...My wedding was in April and they were pretty bad at night. I brought bug spray and was fine, only a few bites the whole trip. But even though I told guests in my pre-wedding package to bring some, many forgot and got eaten alive especially at night near the discoteca. I actually changed my reception from the cascade pool to the Toscana restaurant the day of the wedding because I was worried about the mosquitos. At first I was really upset because I really wanted it by the pool, but it was one of the best decisions I made. Inside there were no bugs, there was A/C and the party was able to continue well past 10pm b/c we weren't near any guest rooms. It was also nice to change it up since I had the wedding on the beach and the cocktail hour on the beach also. We saw our photographer Fran from photosouvenirs the next night and he was taking pictures for another wedding that had their reception near the cascade pool and he said he was miserable because the mosquitos were so bad. So i definitely think it depends on the time of year, but no matter what be prepared and bring bug spray.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users