Photo

Any Laser Hair Removal Experiences?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 emilyk78

emilyk78
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

I just had my 1st session yesterday - and it hurt like a you know what, but not bad enough for me to quit doing it! I know that the results are going to FAR outweigh the pain!! :)
    ~*~*~Emily & Chuck~*~*~ January 10, 2011~*~*~ Carnival Inspiration~*~*~

#42 Princess402

Princess402
    • 737 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

I'm going for my first treatment on Tuesday to get my bikini area done - I can't wait! I got a really good deal on a 4 treatment package, so hopefully it all goes well since now I have paid in advance, lol!

#43 rosieposie

rosieposie
      • 649 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

My bikini sessions are better now - but still hurts in certain areas...
        Before the new HST tax hit treatments, I got myself a package od 4 underarm treatments.
        Hopefully it's not as painful, but I have a feeling it'll be the same.

:)

#44 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

I used numbing cream for the first time last friday and I have to say that in most areas I barely felt a thing! I would highly recommend it (especially since they usually turn up the laser intensity with each visit)

#45 Bella30

Bella30
          • 45 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

I have had 4 treatments of lazer on my underarms..hardly painful at all but very quick for such a small area too... I noticed after the first 2 how the hair barely grows! Going to get two more sessions to be certain..

Want to try the bikini next....that would be soo worth it but probable more painful so I am a little nervous!

#46 Princess402

Princess402
            • 737 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:15 AM

I just had my first bikini treatment today, and based on what I've read on here I think I must be a bit of a freak 'cause it really didn't hurt much at all!!! At it's worst, it felt like hairs being tweezed but that was only a small section at the top. Most places I could only feel a little, or not even at all. Compared to a bikini wax, this was a breeze. And no numbing cream either. Hopefully it works! I'm ecstatic :)

#47 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

For people in the states, have you ever employed the services of different laser places? I'm currently using Ideal Image and they seem to have their stuff together (but expensive). I see ads for Smooth Solutions all the time and it seems to be significantly less, but are their lasers of less quality as well? P.S. I went to Renaissance Laser a few years ago and well...i'm back at Ideal Image now cuz it (Renaissance) didnt work (for like 6+ treatments mind you). I would like to pay less, but worry that I'm not getting good quality laser if I go elsewhere

#48 carolina24

carolina24
                • 1,573 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
                  For people in the states, have you ever employed the services of different laser places? I'm currently using Ideal Image and they seem to have their stuff together (but expensive). I see ads for Smooth Solutions all the time and it seems to be significantly less, but are their lasers of less quality as well? P.S. I went to Renaissance Laser a few years ago and well...i'm back at Ideal Image now cuz it (Renaissance) didnt work (for like 6+ treatments mind you). I would like to pay less, but worry that I'm not getting good quality laser if I go elsewhere
                  dont' know...here in atlanta all i hear about is ideal image and WIFH.. on the WIFH website they are having a special for $999 for 8 sessions for the bikini area; it says this includes "any style" and brazilian. is this comparable to ideal image?

#49 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                  • 712 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by carolina24
                    dont' know...here in atlanta all i hear about is ideal image and WIFH.. on the WIFH website they are having a special for $999 for 8 sessions for the bikini area; it says this includes "any style" and brazilian. is this comparable to ideal image?
                    sounds about right

#50 Vettiebean

Vettiebean
                    • 165 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

Hey ladies! Ohhh vanity. How we all fall victim to it. lol 

I'm about to have my second session on my hoo-ha (the whole she-bang, front, back, get rid of it!) on Monday. I've heard so many stories about the pain, but I was totally fine. I described it as a hot pinch. Not bad though. There was no swelling, no after pains,... I didn't use a numbing cream beforehand, and didn't need anything after, either. I'm also rather dark skinned (brunette/dark brown hair, tanned skin, dark Vietnamese), so I wasn't sure how the results would turn out. Surprisingly, the results of the first session have been great. Hoping it only takes a few sessions, but realistically I understand it will probably take more like 6-8. Here's hoping though! 

Also trying to figure out what else I want done. Armpits for sure. Leaning toward doing upper lips, too. I mean, if I could afford it, I'd laser everything but my head hair and eyebrows! :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users