Photo

Moon Palace Wedding Coordinator Questions

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#201 Janell Darnell

Janell Darnell
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

It depends what your budget is. You can always pay less for photos, but the quality might not be that great. For me the photos were the most important. We were going to go with Claudia Rodriguez photography or playaweddings (both outside vendors) until our amazing friend offered to do our photos for us at cost. We wanted anywhere from 5-8 hours of photo coverage which costed anywhere from $2500-$3500. You also need to pay a vendor fee if you use someone other than the resort's approved vendors.

O

#202 Janell Darnell

Janell Darnell
    • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Ok thanks! Do u buy chance have a list of the approved vendors?

#203 DEWed2013

DEWed2013
      • 31 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Janell Darnell 

Ok thanks! Do u buy chance have a list of the approved vendors?

I'm not too sure since I knew I wanted other photographers and didn't bother asking. From what I remember from scouring this site, I believe they are Smile Market and Del Sol? (not 100% sure though)

#204 Janell Darnell

Janell Darnell
        • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Ok thanks!

#205 Lyman

Lyman
          • 262 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Congrats Janell ! our brides have always been very happy they chose to spend the money and hire a professional outside photographer to capture their wedding celebration!

There's no substitute for professional results - especially for creating a lasting record of such an important event :)

Wishing you all the best with your decision process and that you have the amazing wedding of your dreams.....here in our gorgeous Mayan Riviera - Cheers :)

#206 JennyLynn824

JennyLynn824
            • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

I am looking to get married at the Moon Palace in early May 2014.  I am not sure where to start, I am new at this, lol.  Basically, we will have about 10 guests, plus me, my fiance, and his daughter.  We are hoping to stay for our honeymoon after the wedding as his daughter will be going back with family but we will be spending a few days before the wedding also.  We want to use the complimentary package as we just want something simple.  I was wondering if anyone else has gone with the complimentary package and if so, what are your thoughts?  Also, are there certain things I should be aware of or ask the WC about concerning activities to do as a group and not really a reception but a little celebration after the wedding?  We are looking to keep the cost as low as possible and only really want to spend around $6000 including accommodations but not travel.  Also, our guests will be paying their own way. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

#207 BellaWright

BellaWright
              • Site Supporter
              • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Hi Jenny,

I came across your post while looking at different MP threads. You should join the Newbie, Moon Palace 2013 thread or the 2012 thread! Tons of brides have posted so much information on there and reply really quickly to people like you and I who are trying to figure everything out.

From what I have read in the threads most brides choose the complimentary package and then add on any extras they may want, to get the most flexibility and lowest cost. I am not sure about your reception question, but am sure the threads will have great ideas or somebody who may know better. I did see some people say they opted for a bonfire celebration after a short dinner, and that that was more fun and informal. Congrats to you and good luck!

Originally Posted by JennyLynn824 

I am looking to get married at the Moon Palace in early May 2014.  I am not sure where to start, I am new at this, lol.  Basically, we will have about 10 guests, plus me, my fiance, and his daughter.  We are hoping to stay for our honeymoon after the wedding as his daughter will be going back with family but we will be spending a few days before the wedding also.  We want to use the complimentary package as we just want something simple.  I was wondering if anyone else has gone with the complimentary package and if so, what are your thoughts?  Also, are there certain things I should be aware of or ask the WC about concerning activities to do as a group and not really a reception but a little celebration after the wedding?  We are looking to keep the cost as low as possible and only really want to spend around $6000 including accommodations but not travel.  Also, our guests will be paying their own way. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

#208 JennyLynn824

JennyLynn824
                • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Thank you!!

Originally Posted by BellaWright 

Hi Jenny,

I came across your post while looking at different MP threads. You should join the Newbie, Moon Palace 2013 thread or the 2012 thread! Tons of brides have posted so much information on there and reply really quickly to people like you and I who are trying to figure everything out.

From what I have read in the threads most brides choose the complimentary package and then add on any extras they may want, to get the most flexibility and lowest cost. I am not sure about your reception question, but am sure the threads will have great ideas or somebody who may know better. I did see some people say they opted for a bonfire celebration after a short dinner, and that that was more fun and informal. Congrats to you and good luck!

#209 annettea1021

annettea1021
                  • 86 posts
                  • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by DEWed2013 

I'm not too sure since I knew I wanted other photographers and didn't bother asking. From what I remember from scouring this site, I believe they are Smile Market and Del Sol? (not 100% sure though)

Hi DEWed,

I'm possibly looking into Moon Palace for a wedding in 2014. How did you get in contact with them for prices because i cant seem to see an email... thanks! Annette

#210 ana26

ana26
                  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

Hello,

You can contact the hotel directly in this link, there is a space where you can ask also any queries you may have, hope this helps!

http://www.palaceres...ing-rfp-en.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users