Moon Palace Wedding Coordinator Questions

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#111 skadow

skadow
  • Banned
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:26 PM

On a side not I would say Hell No to booking him a room. Just tell them he is your friend coming to the wedding. In your contract, you can technically have any ammount up to 20% of your totally guests be non Palace guests. =) Its in the fine print! 

#112 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
    • 235 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

Here's the website for photography.

Hello ladies! I'm getting married at MP on 2/19/11- all the info everyone has provided is so helpful!

A couple of questions:

1.  Is anyone here NOT doing a cocktail hour and/or reception after their ceremony? My fiance and I are planning a pretty hefty party for when we get back for everyone who wasn't able to make it (which is costing quite a bit!).  We weren't planning on paying for any substantial extras at MP -- just wondering if anyone else is doing that or is a cocktail hour/reception the way to go?

2.  Has anyone found out more info about the quality of the photographers at MP? We are having a photographer for our at home celebration and haven't decided how big of a package we wanted to get at MP (it's like planning two weddings!).  Any info about quality of photographers/cost would be great!

Thanks!

~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#113 CynLovesLuis

CynLovesLuis
      • Banned
      • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:58 AM

I know right! Now i screwed myself for being honest!!

Originally Posted by skadow 

On a side not I would say Hell No to booking him a room. Just tell them he is your friend coming to the wedding. In your contract, you can technically have any ammount up to 20% of your totally guests be non Palace guests. =) Its in the fine print! 

#114 msredd3129

msredd3129
        • 123 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by CynLovesLuis 

I booked Gonzalo Nunez and I"m pumped!! Have no clude if he's preferred or just approved or neither! Who are you using instead of Deco Cancun?

You will love him...We did an engagement session in nyc with him. I think I am using him for my TTD...unfortunately he was booked for my wedding date.

#115 skadow

skadow
          • Banned
          • 1,853 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

Hows the planning going ladies? Looks like photography is moving forward. I hope their are more wedding soon. I want more photographs to look at hehe.

#116 echraide

echraide
            • 152 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:12 AM

I was debating on asking about the photographer situation as well for my 2012 wedding. I really dislike the style of the MP photographers and I'd hate that to be all that I have to remember my wedding though. This thread has been so helpful!

#117 skadow

skadow
              • Banned
              • 1,853 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

Do you know who you want? I know Del Sol is approved and that's in writting. I am not sure about other photographers in the area. Probably the beter known they are, the more comfortable the Moon Palace will be with them.

If you are going to bring this up with some, I would defently ask the women in Miama. Not your coordinator at the resort. From my understanding they work under the coordinators in Miami. I know once my coordinator in Miami said I could use an outside decor company, My coordinator in Mexico was fine with it.

Originally Posted by echraide 

I was debating on asking about the photographer situation as well for my 2012 wedding. I really dislike the style of the MP photographers and I'd hate that to be all that I have to remember my wedding though. This thread has been so helpful!

#118 cgeris

cgeris
                • 159 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Hello Ladies!

I FINALLY got in contact with you coordinator 2 weeks ago...and sent her 3 emails.  She finally responded to my third email (it only had 2 questions in it instead of 15!) and has yet to respond to the bulk of my questions.  Has anyone been dealing with Valeria Vera? She seems nice in her one response but she has been terrible about getting back to me with answers to the rest of my questions.  I'll post the questions and responses once I get them.  How long have most of you waited to get a response from your coordinators? Am I being impatient or is 1 1/2 weeks- 2weeks too long? Any help would be great!

Another question, as many of you, I am looking into bringing in an outside photographer (one that works in the area).  I've heard that we need to book outside photographers (or any vendor) a night stay for them to be able to take photos on resort property.  I'm working on a pretty tight budget and am trying to figure out if I can "add" him to as a third person to a double occupancy room...aka switch a double occupancy to a triple for one night.  Has anyone done this? The other thing I'm trying to do is convince them to allow me to get the photographer only a day pass instead of a night stay (since they're from the area).  Has anyone been able to convince their coordinators to allow them to do that? Any ideas would be so helpful!

And lastly...I've been reading everywhere that there is an approved photographer list for Moon Palace.  Does anyone have this in writing? I'd love to see a copy of what photographers Moon Palace has approved of.

#119 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:04 AM

Does anyone have a contact email for a supervisor? I have a few issues that I want to raise to upper management.

#120 NA2015

NA2015
                    • 170 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:09 AM

Can you email me the Amber collection information? I can't open up the attachments. nabreu7@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Nicole

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users