Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vlynnw

May 2011 Brides!

Recommended Posts

I just met with our coordinator for our AHR Tuesday night to confirm menu selection.  We're doing a 2 piece AHR we're doing an afternoon cocktail reception with just hor'dourves for everyone and then whoever wants to is invited back to our house afterwards.  The AHR is mostly informal, it's just mingling a chance for people to see us, watch our wedding video, and see the pics....which I still don't have yet!!! EEK I hope I get them soon so I can actually do everything I was planning with them since they are the main focal point of the AHR.  I also need to build our DIY photobooth this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by DanniS View Post

 

 

To simplify our AHR we have decided to do a bbq/open house style reception at my Mom's home.  Much more relaxed and a hell of a lot cheaper! Our professional photographer sent us 10 pics to see to use for our Thank You cards.  You could try contacting your photographer and ask for that so then it will be a sneak peek of what is to come :)

 

 

 

I bet it's a whole lot cheaper and less stress which seems nice to me! It was our parents who really wanted a formal reception however since it was only us two for the DW. It is there wedding gift to us. i really am looking forward to seeing all my family and friends to celebrate, but phew it's a lot of work! Just my luck, my photog sent a sneak peek last night and we should have all our photos by tonight! :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by vlynnw View Post

 

I just met with our coordinator for our AHR Tuesday night to confirm menu selection.  We're doing a 2 piece AHR we're doing an afternoon cocktail reception with just hor'dourves for everyone and then whoever wants to is invited back to our house afterwards.  The AHR is mostly informal, it's just mingling a chance for people to see us, watch our wedding video, and see the pics....which I still don't have yet!!! EEK I hope I get them soon so I can actually do everything I was planning with them since they are the main focal point of the AHR.  I also need to build our DIY photobooth this weekend. 

 

A DIY photobooth sounds so fun! I bet your guests will love that! Are you showing the video back at your house?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You will have so much fun seeing family.  We are looking forward as well seeing family and friends who were unable to make it.  Our guests who were able to come to Mexico are excited to share stories with those who were unable to come :) Are you doing a slideshow or how are you going to show your pictures?
 

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 View Post



I bet it's a whole lot cheaper and less stress which seems nice to me! It was our parents who really wanted a formal reception however since it was only us two for the DW. It is there wedding gift to us. i really am looking forward to seeing all my family and friends to celebrate, but phew it's a lot of work! Just my luck, my photog sent a sneak peek last night and we should have all our photos by tonight! :)
 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by DanniS View Post

 

 

To simplify our AHR we have decided to do a bbq/open house style reception at my Mom's home.  Much more relaxed and a hell of a lot cheaper! Our professional photographer sent us 10 pics to see to use for our Thank You cards.  You could try contacting your photographer and ask for that so then it will be a sneak peek of what is to come :)

 

 

 

We are doing a backyard Mexican Fiesta AHR.......LOL

 

Im stressing tho.............i am more worried about the decor.......

 

I have bought some "fiesta" stuff, but dont want it to look cheezy ya know.

 

Its funny too.............so many ppl ask if they can bring food.......uh NO.....i really was hoping for some gifts ,hahahaha, have you found ppl find it more picnicy???

 

I just dont know what to expect!!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by DanniS View Post

 

 

You will have so much fun seeing family.  We are looking forward as well seeing family and friends who were unable to make it.  Our guests who were able to come to Mexico are excited to share stories with those who were unable to come :) Are you doing a slideshow or how are you going to show your pictures?

 

 

 

Yes we have bought a projector and plan on doing a short 5-min slideshow of all our professional photos!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone ran into people making comments about "isn't your wedding over??? Why are you having another reception" I had no bad comments about having a wedding in Mexico but now that people have received our invitation to our bbq AHR they are making snid remarks.  Makes me second guess having a AHR cry.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 View Post

 

 

 

Yes we have bought a projector and plan on doing a short 5-min slideshow of all our professional photos!

 

 

 

Hey deanna,

Just wondering when are you planning to show your slideshow. I am finalizing the timeline and trying to determine when is the best time to do this.

Thanks!

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×