Sign in to follow this  
vlynnw

May 2011 Brides!

Hey! I think there are starting to be quite a few of us on the forum now so I thought I would start a thread for us so we can start sharing things with each other and bounce ideas around! We're almost down to our 1 year countdown now!! smile159.gif

Hi there, we share a wedding date! It's hard to believe that it is almost just a year away. I've been taking comfort in the thought that I still have forever to plan:) Glad to have a place to come and get/share ideas. Thanks!

WHOO WHOO..... Cant believe its nearly only 12 months away!!! Thats scary.

thewave.gif

We havent booked resort (Riu palace riviera maya) yet as prices are not out in UK for summer 2011 until April 29th so only 15 days to go til we find out prices!!! and will be booking soon after that :-)

Have chose my dress but not bought as i dont want to tempt fate.

Here are some pix......

Click the image to open in full size.

I know what my hairstyle will be like

My invitations i made, using 2 kinds as i like one FI likes other, although not sent any out yet (not doing STD's)

Ceremony shoes are these barefoot sandels i made

Here is a pic of some i found online to give you a better idea as i dont have a pic of em on my feet

My first official wedding buy (Oct last year) Haha

Just married flip flops :-)

Make up inspirations

Not sure for my reception shoes yet, they are something ive not looked for yet but is on my list 2 do soon, Was going to do OOT but not sure i keep changing my mind on this so watch this space.....

How far along are you? Got any pix :-)

Nicola

xoxoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnhollidaynuptials View Post
Hi there, we share a wedding date! It's hard to believe that it is almost just a year away. I've been taking comfort in the thought that I still have forever to plan:) Glad to have a place to come and get/share ideas. Thanks!

Oh wow and you are from C-bus too!! Where is your wedding?

Nicyx - I love your dress!

I'm going to dig around and share what I have so far, I have my resort Dreams Tulum, we will be booking our trips in June or July once flights are released. I'm working on my passport STD's this week. I have my dress, wedding band, and just ordered my bouquets and ceremony flowers from Angel's Accents. Going BM dress shopping with my MOH in June while she's in the states (she lives in Germany).

my dress

my bouquet

BM bouquet

oh and here is my hair inspiration pic, I have a whole folder on my desktop dedicated to wedding inspirations! haha

Great idea to start this thread!!! I'm most likely going to be May 7, 2011. FI and I are going to Playa this May (I like to call it our negative one year anniversary) for a site visit. We are visiting the Royal in PDC as well as Hacienda Tres Rios but are leaning toward HTR because it's a smaller/more intimate resort and only does one wedding per day.

Other than that, I've purchased my dress, hired DJ Doremixx and have a photographer that we will be flying in. I also have a quote from Shavon's wedding silks and am planning to use her for bouquets and bouts. Oh...and the boarding pass STDs are in production!

I'll have to get some of my pictures together to post too.

I can not wait until the one year mark!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks1581 View Post
I can not wait until the one year mark!!!!!!!
Me2!!! Whoop whoop :-) Not long now.

Great pix ladies, i love flashes, its great to see what people are doing and ideas :-)

becks1581, Let us know how your site visit goes, wish i was lucky enough to do one!!!

Ooooo vlynnw just noticed, you could be my date twin!! we hoping for the 6th may... subject to change depending on price etc, but it what we want :-)

xoxo

Hello my fellow May 2011 brides! I'm so excited there's finally a thread for us!

I just booked my date about 3 weeks ago and my Save the Dates are in the works! I'm so excited!

Here's a pic of my dress (Maggie Sottero) and two hairstyles I really like. I will have to use extensions to pull off either of these looks. Sorry the pics are so big - I'm not sure how to make them smallerundecided.gif

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Mel :)

Nicyx - awesome! I love the date, after we picked it I realized it was quirky and loved it more! haha

Melly - your dress is gorgeous!