Photo

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

• Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

#151 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
  • 359 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

Regardless of your RSVP day, people will do what they want.

#152 JBean

JBean
    • 429 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

Yep, I guessed too on the number of people. I, too, didn't want to be stuck a month out and scrambling to get things done. I've made extra of somethings, and others I may have to top up, but at least the majority of the work will be done!

I never dreamed how much work a destination wedding would be, but I really want to make it my own. My dining room table has looked like a bomb went off for months, so I'm looking forward to getting back to normalcy! :)

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

I have taken a risk and guessed at how many people will be there!  We will have a smaller group (right now it is looking like 26 adults + 3 kids, including B&G) but not everyone has booked.  We probably only have 10 ppl fully booked, another 10 ppl 1/2 booked (either flights or rooms), and another 6 that have repeatedly told us and others they were coming.  There are a lot of people we sent invitations to that never responded to our RSVP, but as they have not said even a single word to my fiance or I about coming we will just assume they are not.

For those things that I ordered online, I bought enough in case 1 extra couple surprises us.  I bought quite a bit of my OOT bad stuff locally (Dollar Tree), so I will just go pick up more if needed. 

I refuse to be in a state of panic come October, so I am getting a lot done now.  Hopefully that won't come back to bit me in the a$$.  I can tell my fiance is already annoyed with all of the wedding stuff I am doing so early - he is a procrastinator so he can't fathom working on things months in advance.  But he is also a man and has no clue what all goes into planning a wedding and how it ends up invading my thoughts every free moment I have.

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
      Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
      Bride & Groom + 29

#153 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
      • Banned
      • 630 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:29 AM

I completely agree about being surprised with the amount of work a DW requires.  Imagine not doing OOT bags and making all of the tags and such that go along with them.  And imagine not having to worry about whether it will fit in your luggage before you decide to buy something wedding related.  But on the negative side, imagine it all being over in just one day.... 

I never dreamed how much work a destination wedding would be, but I really want to make it my own. My dining room table has looked like a bomb went off for months, so I'm looking forward to getting back to normalcy! :)

#154 carrieb258

carrieb258
        • 216 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:27 PM

I know its amazing how much work goes into these events - and people think getting married abroad is easier!!!!! I for one am loving all the planning I am going to be so bored when it is all over, won't know what to do with myself :-) 

Have all you girls picked up your dresses yet? 

#155 sxcT

sxcT
          • 1,282 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

Same here.  I am loving the planning and organizing and having something to look forward to.  What will I do when its all over?  I'm already looking at vacations for next year LOL!!

My dress should arrive in Sept. :)

Originally Posted by carrieb258 

I know its amazing how much work goes into these events - and people think getting married abroad is easier!!!!! I for one am loving all the planning I am going to be so bored when it is all over, won't know what to do with myself :-) 

Have all you girls picked up your dresses yet? 

#156 carrieb258

carrieb258
            • 216 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

Lol me too - am already planning our second honeymoon my poor h2b's wallet is creaking just at the thought of it! I seriously think we will have post wedding boredom instead of blues - what on earth am I going to plan! 

#157 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
              • 359 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

Yah I love yall!!! Finally some positive talk. Let's do this. I'm November 24...I am so ready...let the count down begin 

#158 kelnces

kelnces
                • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

I am soo excited for the home stretch, my wedding is November 4 - quickly approaching!  Has anyone decided on what footwear they and their fiance are wearing for the ceremony on the beach?   I have naturally curly hair nd am a little nervous about the weather, I really want to wear my hair down - does anyone know what to expect with the humidity level at that time?  Good luck with planning everyone!!!

"

Attached Files

#159 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
                  • 789 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Hi kelnces!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! It'll be here before you know it! If you're getting married in the Riviera Maya, I've been there 2 years in a row during November and it's fabulous! It's not very humid at all (I was married there in June...it was HUMID then!). I have naturally curly hair as well so I understand it can be a big concern with the humidity.  You should be fine :)

In regards to footwear, I design travel-inspired destination wedding barefoot jewelry that I actually wore for my own destination wedding last year.  I designed them for all of my bridesmaids as well and people really love them! I can customize collections based on color/style, etc. I've attached a few pics and please let me know if you have any questions :)

I am soo excited for the home stretch, my wedding is November 4 - quickly approaching!  Has anyone decided on what footwear they and their fiance are wearing for the ceremony on the beach?   I have naturally curly hair nd am a little nervous about the weather, I really want to wear my hair down - does anyone know what to expect with the humidity level at that time?  Good luck with planning everyone!!!

"

#160 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                    • Banned
                    • 630 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:35 AM

Alright ladies - this group is starting to come up on the 3-month mark.  I have told myself throughout my long engagement that at 3 months I would allow myself to start getting excited

The major things happening in my wedding planning at the moment:

- my group rate with the resort runs out in just a couple of weeks, so we are having to nicely nag the remaining few guests that verbally committed to go ahead and book

-  I just contacted a seamstress the other day to set up my appointments to get my dress altered.  This lady has all 5-start reviews online so I wanted to book her in advance.  I take my dress in for the first appointment September 12th.  That date is a bit early, but I need the dress back by mid-October for a bridal portrait session.

- working on my programs this week...it is way early to be doing that, but since they are DIY I wanted to get them out of the way

Another thing to get excited about:  my legal wedding is just over 2 months away (October 9th).  My fiance keeps referring to it as the "real wedding"....grrrr.  No, that is the "legal wedding", the "real wedding" is the one in front of our friends and family when I wear the big white dress!!!!!  I think at this point he continues to say it just to get me riled up.

Hope all of you are starting to get excited to!

Courtney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users