Photo

music- harpist

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Golden

Golden
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

Have anyone used a harpist during the ceremony? My wedding is at the Hilton, Emeline listed a harpist as music. Not sure If I will use a harpist.
    It could be a good idea for a beach ceremony. Let me know your thoughts

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:56 PM

I had a paino player and to be honest I could barely hear her because the waves drawn out so much sound. IMO if I could do over I would have either spent the extra money on a trio or I would have had nothing.

#3 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:57 PM

I've been to a wedding w/a harpist. It was very beautiful. It was in a church though. . .not sure what I think about it on the beach. my first instinct is to think that with the harp generally being a softer/quieter type instrument it might get a little lost with the ocean noise, wind etc. But it would be pretty and unique for sure!

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

I was in a wedding at a garden with a harpest. It was very pretty & the big gold harp looked great in the pictures.

#5 Golden

Golden
          • 354 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TammyB
            I had a paino player and to be honest I could barely hear her because the waves drawn out so much sound. IMO if I could do over I would have either spent the extra money on a trio or I would have had nothing.
            Tammy, I did not think about waves, you have a good point

#6 MERRYME

MERRYME
            • 324 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:41 PM

if you want classical type music.. you may like this: They are from the Puebla filarmonic (sp?) and are supposed to be fabulous. We are using them for one of my company parties. They are in Cabo through September and will travel anywhere in Mexico if needed.

"Le recuerdo que nuestras tarifas promocionales hasta el 8 de agosto de 2007 son:

Dºo de Viol­n y Viola u$s 300 por hora
              Solista(disponible hasta 2 septiembre) u$s 200 por hora"

ensangelus@gmail.com

Will post info on seperate thread for others.
              Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
              22nd of December 2006

#7 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

I really wanted to have a harpist at my wedding but I havent been able to find anyone in the area or anyone who doesnt charge up the wall for it. I say go for it! It is a beautiful sound!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users