Photo

Shopping in DR -Palma Real Shopping Village

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
  • 473 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

Has anyone visited thePalma Real Shopping Village shopping area in Punta Cana? Any recommendations for the restaurants there? On their web site they say they provide free transportation. I want to plan a shopping/dinner trip for our guest that arrive early.

There is also another shopping village called The Galerias at Punta Cana Village but I could not find a website.

Your feedback greatly appreciated.

#2 Pattontobe

Pattontobe
    • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TLC4Rock
      Has anyone visited thePalma Real Shopping Village shopping area in Punta Cana? Any recommendations for the restaurants there? On their web site they say they provide free transportation. I want to plan a shopping/dinner trip for our guest that arrive early.

There is also another shopping village called The Galerias at Punta Cana Village but I could not find a website.

Your feedback greatly appreciated.

I would like to check this out when I go next week. Is this associated with the Palma Real hotel? That's where I'm getting married.

#3 tracy0716

tracy0716
      • 431 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

I was wondering the same thing...it looks really cute!

#4 bikegirl

bikegirl
        • Banned
        • 319 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

Cool! Didn't realize this existed. Would make for a nice afternoon visit during one of the days. Thank for posting it!

#5 NyBeachBride

NyBeachBride
          • 295 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

i went there to look for a shirt for FI last year on vaca, it was cool..its not like a full blown mall but has cool stores, bathign suit stores and things liek that and a movie theatre but old movies
            "

#6 pinayflava

pinayflava
            • 193 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

I didn't think this mall had much to offer - a couple restaurants, lots of boutique shops and souvenir type places. I found the prices to be expensive. i found the shops in the resort i stayed at were cheaper because you were able to negotiate prices. Although i didn't like the resort we stayed at Barcelo.

#7 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
              • 657 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

We went just to get off the resort for a little bit one day. I the prices seemed to be abou the same as the states give or take depending on the store. We had at Hard Rock Cafe, just like all the other one if you have ever been to one. I think we were there fo rabout 2 hours at most and that was with lunch.
                Cory & Jennifer
                March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#8 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
                • 473 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure if its connected to Palma Real. One of the malls is connected to a resort I think it may be the Galerias at Punta Cana Village.

I was just looking for a mid-day get-away but didn't want to do a full excursion...so this may work out to take a stroll and have lunch. Hard Rock did not appeal to me since as "Outdoor_girl1010" says they are pretty much the same everywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users