The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#571 ldunson

ldunson
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

Magirl,

We didn't have to pay for wine or sushi when we were there in February- and we ate at the Asian restaurant multiple times b/c it was so good!  The wine is pretty gross if you get it from one of the bars- like the lobby bar or disco bar- b/c it's just the cheap wine but when you're at one of the restaurants, it's the good stuff.  I'm assuming the cheap stuff will be served at the wedding receptions :(.  I hadn't thought about that- I might have to purchase some good stuff!  I think the other girl I went on vacation with described the lobby wine as tasting like "dirty dish water..."  :)

Originally Posted by magirl 

I think i'm going to go with Sapphire, I just have a few questions.

I was reading reviews on Tripadvisor and one reviewer mentioned having to buy a wine and sushi was extra too. I'm a bit confused as I thought it was all inclusive? Can anyone enlighten me  on what needs to be paid for additionally? (besides wedding dinner)

Also I see that the little roof area over the beach terrace is gone, do anyone know what they provide for lighting out there?

#572 primavera

primavera
    • 428 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

Lisa, I will send you an email tonight w the prices my TA gave me for land only. She gave me the prices for April too. On my phone right now, but will send it when I get home.
      April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#573 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:44 PM

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! If you could send me her contact info also maybe I will book it with her.

Originally Posted by primavera 

Lisa, I will send you an email tonight w the prices my TA gave me for land only. She gave me the prices for April too. On my phone right now, but will send it when I get home.

#574 T&A

T&A
        • 59 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

I got this quote a while back, I think it was around $400 US per night

Now Jade - May 3, 2011.

#575 magirl

magirl
          • 198 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by CherryColaLola 

Well after weeks I've finally gotten a response from Ana Maria (only after my FI posted on their facebook about no one returning our emails and calls). She has told me that they won't swap anything out of the package but since I hadn't heard from them in weeks, I've already put down deposits with my own photographer and DJ. I don't know what to do at this point, the info that I receive from them tends to be unreliable and now I will have to pay for services that I have no use for...not a happy camper

Um thought people have been doing this all along? switching djs for mariachis and photographers for flowers and such...

#576 primavera

primavera
            • 428 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by lisadias 

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! If you could send me her contact info also maybe I will book it with her.

I just sent you the email with prices and her info. I always email her but I think there is a toll free number too now that I think about it. Let me know if you need it or have any more questions.

The price T&A got was a lot higher than the one I got, but like she said it was a while ago.

#577 SKing24

SKing24
              • 265 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

After about 4 times of persistently asking, I finally got Pilar to say I can swap the officiant for 3 extra centerpieces.  I think they must just have a policy to say no at first, but then they give in??  I'm not sure but keep asking.  Of course I'll probably have to start all over now that I got switched from Pilar to Ana!!

Originally Posted by CherryColaLola 

Well after weeks I've finally gotten a response from Ana Maria (only after my FI posted on their facebook about no one returning our emails and calls). She has told me that they won't swap anything out of the package but since I hadn't heard from them in weeks, I've already put down deposits with my own photographer and DJ. I don't know what to do at this point, the info that I receive from them tends to be unreliable and now I will have to pay for services that I have no use for...not a happy camper

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#578 CherryColaLola

CherryColaLola
                • 26 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for the encouragement :) This whole process really starts to get frustrating but I can only hope that in the end things work out smoothly. Even if it isn't an even exchange, I would like to receive something for the things that I'm not using at all, I need to put my negotiating hat on and try again!

Originally Posted by SKing24 

After about 4 times of persistently asking, I finally got Pilar to say I can swap the officiant for 3 extra centerpieces.  I think they must just have a policy to say no at first, but then they give in??  I'm not sure but keep asking.  Of course I'll probably have to start all over now that I got switched from Pilar to Ana!!

#579 T&A

T&A
                  • 59 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:15 AM

Could you please provide the toll free number?

Originally Posted by primavera 

I just sent you the email with prices and her info. I always email her but I think there is a toll free number too now that I think about it. Let me know if you need it or have any more questions.

The price T&A got was a lot higher than the one I got, but like she said it was a while ago.

Now Jade - May 3, 2011.

#580 primavera

primavera
                    • 428 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T&A 

Could you please provide the toll free number?

I have sent you a PM with her info. Please let me know if you have any questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users