The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#2071 all the love

all the love
  • Site Supporter
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:16 PM

Yes dessert is also included (although ours ended up being kind of awful and almost nobody ate it.) Here is a photo of our cake so you can see the size. This is what is included in the package (this size anyway)

cake.jpg

Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

Wonder if more cake is even required, dessert is included with both pkgs, right?

#2072 kitkat863

kitkat863
    • 243 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

I am also deciding on a rehearsal dinner or welcome cocktail hour. We aren't going to have too many people with us so I feel like we probably would be going to dinner or to get drinks together anyways so I don't know if I need something scheduled.

Also, does the resort print out menus for the tables or do I have to do that?

#2073 jacqjade

jacqjade
      • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:03 AM

The Festival Terrace is really pretty..but if the Buffet is open that night, then some of the other guests might see your wedding party and it may not seem as private. I had my wedding in the Bamboo room in Nov. and my guests were really thankful for the A/C after intense dancing! The Bamboo room also looks really pretty on its own without having to add any major decor.

Originally Posted by jls02 View Post

I'm hoping I can get some opinions on where to have my reception for a late June 2012 wedding for 30-50 people.  I know it's going to be hot so I'm wondering if the festival terrace is going to be too uncomfortably warm for eating and dancing?  Maybe I should switch to the Bamboo Room?  Any advice is much appreciated.  Thanks so much!

#2074 jacqjade

jacqjade
        • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:06 AM

Ana said she was going to print the menus...but I think she forgot so that was a bit unfortunate...but at least the food was good in the end! So if you want to be safe and you have the time..i'd print your own menus.

Originally Posted by kitkat863 View Post

I am also deciding on a rehearsal dinner or welcome cocktail hour. We aren't going to have too many people with us so I feel like we probably would be going to dinner or to get drinks together anyways so I don't know if I need something scheduled.

Also, does the resort print out menus for the tables or do I have to do that?

#2075 Cheerios

Cheerios
          • 48 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

Hi Ladies, 

Here's a great deal from travel zoo I found if anyone wants to go for a site visit...its as though we don't have to pay for airfare!! I was thinking about going in march..now I might just try to go earlier cos of this!!          

http://www.travelzoo...&rating=&tppct=

#2076 ahall5665

ahall5665
            • 40 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Hi All !

I am considering Castaways for my reception location, but want to know how late it allows music/dancing. Also if anyone has pictures of a reception set up at the ocean terrace that would be great! You can email me at ahall5665@hotmail.com. I'm trying to decide between the two!

Thanks!!

Ashley

#2077 11jade

11jade
              • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

Hello ladies...

I was wondering if anyone had heard of or used sian photo?? I recieved a private message from someone who had no history telling me that they saw i had asked about a photographer and so they recommended sian photo to me, saying that they used them for their wedding. So i looked at the website and the photos were beautiful, and so i requested info. Something seemed off, i think they only accept cash??? Plus i didnt see anything on here about them... anyways just thought i would ask, or see if anyone had a similar experience? It could be nothing but my intuition said to just put it out there... Thanks ladies

#2078 kitkat863

kitkat863
                • 243 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

Hello Again ladies!!! KimmySue or anyone else that has done this...I saw in pictures that you had striped straws and little banners with your date on the straws for the drinks at the cocktail hour...I am assuming you did this and not the resort...correct?

Thanks!! :)

#2079 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

can you tell me who sent you a message?  The company has been very shady and have joined this forum pretending to be brides and have tried to get other brides to use them.   I just posted a thread about them here:

Hello ladies...

I was wondering if anyone had heard of or used sian photo?? I recieved a private message from someone who had no history telling me that they saw i had asked about a photographer and so they recommended sian photo to me, saying that they used them for their wedding. So i looked at the website and the photos were beautiful, and so i requested info. Something seemed off, i think they only accept cash??? Plus i didnt see anything on here about them... anyways just thought i would ask, or see if anyone had a similar experience? It could be nothing but my intuition said to just put it out there... Thanks ladies

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2080 kimmysue

kimmysue
                  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

Correct. I ordered the straws from Amazon and the drink flag design from Etsy, and then printed and assembled them myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users