Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1891 snl2011

snl2011
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

Hi gals!  We just got back from our wedding and it was perfect!  Our guests had so much fun and Nick and I wouldn't have changed a single thing!  I posted a review here: http://www.bestdesti...11#post_1651911

Sorry so lengthy!!

#1892 all the love

all the love
    • Site Supporter
    • 133 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

Hey kimmysue,

my wedding is also in November, but Ana sent me the planning form as soon as we put our deposit down. We are also doing exactly what you are doing - cocktail hour, dinner, and then dancing at the club.

Thanks for the info on the napkin sale, I've had my eye on a few sites waiting for a deal!

Originally Posted by kimmysue 

We are having signature drinks, but I've not yet decided what they will be. I haven't gotten my planning form from Ana yet....when is your wedding? I'm not until November. We're not having a traditional reception....just the cocktail hour (2 hours actually) and then a plated dinner. Dancing at the dance club after, so we'll have our two signature cocktails at the cocktail hour. I'm planning on making cute menus for the cocktails and framing them. Ordered our personalized cocktail napkins yesterday.....the knot is having a big sale through today on them!

#1893 melissa80

melissa80
      • Site Supporter
      • 16 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

Is Castaways the same as Carnival Terrace and Festival Terrace? There are SO many names for the same place!

#1894 irishdonna

irishdonna
        • 83 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

I love the knot! i had so much stuff added to my cart and when i went to buy it all...i found out it's for US residents only =( lol it was sad.

We are having signature drinks, but I've not yet decided what they will be. I haven't gotten my planning form from Ana yet....when is your wedding? I'm not until November. We're not having a traditional reception....just the cocktail hour (2 hours actually) and then a plated dinner. Dancing at the dance club after, so we'll have our two signature cocktails at the cocktail hour. I'm planning on making cute menus for the cocktails and framing them. Ordered our personalized cocktail napkins yesterday.....the knot is having a big sale through today on them!

#1895 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
          • 789 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

Hi mich12580! I've heard fabulous things about Now Jade Riviera Cancun and I just finished an entire jewelry collection for a bride who will be married there this Sept! Congrats!!

Originally Posted by mich12580 

Hi Ladies!
            After consideration of many resorts in the Riviera Maya area, I have put a reservation on May 7, 2011 at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. It does get excellent reviews on tripadvisor, expedia, etc. There have been some minor complaints, such as waiting long at restaurants, some say weak drinks, some say not enough nightlife. But, hey, every place is going to have some complaints. The main reason I chose it was because it is a good value for the guests, the place has a modern decor and appears to have been recently updated, and the venues for the wedding ceremony and reception look great. I have been working with Jill from Sand and Sun Vacations, whom I found here, and she has been great. I can't wait to hear what you guys think after your site visits. I think we'll be making one in August.

-Michelle

#1896 snl2011

snl2011
            • 67 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

melissa - castaways is different from the terraces.  carnival terrace is the same as festival terrace - castways is the restaurant BEHIND the buffet, facing the pool :)

#1897 kimmysue

kimmysue
              • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

Yes, I received that form, but don't remember it asking about signature drinks. I suppose I should pull that out and look at it! What day are you getting married? We're November 4 @ 4pm.

#1898 all the love

all the love
                • Site Supporter
                • 133 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

We fly in on the 4th! Our wedding is on Tuesday (8th). I will look for your wedding when we arrive!!

Yes, I received that form, but don't remember it asking about signature drinks. I suppose I should pull that out and look at it! What day are you getting married? We're November 4 @ 4pm.

#1899 kimmysue

kimmysue
                  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

Yay! We've got a group of 50 coming so far, and we haven't sent our invites yet! My FI and I will be at the resort through that Thursday. I think I'm bringing white chair bows, if you want them when I'm done. I'd prefer the solid white chairs, but I don't really want to pay $7/chair. I'm too cheap. :)

#1900 primavera

primavera
                    • 428 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by irishdonna 

Never thought about it, but i am now lol Do you pay extra for that?

Signature drinks are free as long as they include the liquor they already have at the resort.

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users