Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1691 SKing24

SKing24
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:51 PM

Do you think the service fee is like gratuity?  Im wondering if I have to tip the servers at the reception after those crazy high fees?

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#1692 irishdonna

irishdonna
    • 83 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

thats what i was wondering too! Are we supposed to tip the wedding planner, DJ, etc??

Originally Posted by SKing24 

Do you think the service fee is like gratuity?  Im wondering if I have to tip the servers at the reception after those crazy high fees?

#1693 Shannon801

Shannon801
      • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

Great, thanks for all the pricing info!!  Appreciate it :-)

#1694 nmwedding

nmwedding
        • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

It is customary to tip a DJ, or weddingcoordinator here in the States,so if they do an exceptional job, I would say to tip them. We visitd the Now on a site inspection last weekend and it is absolutely gorgeous. We did not choose it due to the pricing for a larger group and we hope to have a larger group. Otherwise, it would have been a shoe in based on location, service, beach, food quality, amazing rooms, etc. Also the coordinator we met there was the most responsive, helpful coordinator we met with.

#1695 SKing24

SKing24
          • 265 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:44 AM

So when I first started my planning back in July I was working with Pilar.  Then in August or September, she sent me an email and told me Ana was going to be handling my wedding.  Then last week Pilar started emailing me again and sent me the final form to fill out with all of my guests and everything.  And she said I should ask for her for our meeting on Tuesday.  But anyway we emailed a few times last week and she was very responsive, but then she sent me an updated budget sheet over the weekend and asked me to sign off on it.  Well the entire thing was wrong.  She had the wrong number of guests and had things included that I didnt want so it kind of worried me a little.  So i emailed her Sunday to let her know...no response.  Then i emailed her again Tuesday and no response to that one either.  I even said in the email that its ok if she's too busy to discuss it now, but just let me know she got the email and we can figure everything out when I meet with her Tuesday.  I know all the other brides who recently got married said don't worry about anything, but i've been planning this with them for 9 months and i really dont want to start all over again when I get down there.  Ahh i think it's just nerves now too!

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#1696 T&A

T&A
            • 59 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

Hi Erin,

No worries, I was in the same shoes as you. My wedding is a few days before you. I think Pillar is having problems with her email account, because she keep saying she responsed to my email but I never received her emails. 

The same thing happened to me with my contract. I just email Pillar back with the marked up changes right on the pdf file. This way she knows exactly the changes on the contract.

If you still haven't her back from her in a few days give her at call 011 58 998 872 8888 ext 4006 and review the contract together on the phone. I find it much easier and she send me revised contract instantly while I am on the phone with her.

Hope this helps,

Amy

Now Jade - May 3, 2011.

#1697 irishdonna

irishdonna
              • 83 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:51 PM

Which resort did you end up going with? And what do you think is a good price to tip everyone?

I'm glad to hear Now jade is as nice in person as it is online =)

Originally Posted by nmwedding 

It is customary to tip a DJ, or weddingcoordinator here in the States,so if they do an exceptional job, I would say to tip them. We visitd the Now on a site inspection last weekend and it is absolutely gorgeous. We did not choose it due to the pricing for a larger group and we hope to have a larger group. Otherwise, it would have been a shoe in based on location, service, beach, food quality, amazing rooms, etc. Also the coordinator we met there was the most responsive, helpful coordinator we met with.

#1698 AcutieRN

AcutieRN
                • 156 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:55 AM

Hi Girls,

I am getting married at the new NOW Larimar in Punta Cana in April 2012.  They are previously NHReal of Punta Cana.  They are having their grand opening on Sunday, since it is under new management it has been hard for us over the the NOW Larimar thread to get a lot of info regarding wedding packages.  We have been sent the information regarding the different packages in general as well as the menu options. 

What we are looking for, if NOW even provides this, is more detail on things like pictures of flowers that are included, pictures of decorations that are included, pictures of cakes that are included.  I have searched this thread but can't seem to find anything.  Do they have a "wedding book" like some other resorts do? If so can someone please PM me? Thanks so much, this thread has been a huge help in making the decision to go with NOW. Thanks!

A

#1699 Kara80

Kara80
                  • 38 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

I stayed at NH Real Arean in Punta Cana in Feb. Is that the place you are talking about getting married at? Let me know if you any info or feedback if it is.

I'm getting married at NOW Jade June 22nd.

#1700 Kara80

Kara80
                    • 38 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by shorn 

does anyone have suggestions for where to get men's linen pants in a natural/khaki color? That aren't too pricey- thanks!

JcPenny has Lien look pants $38.00 on sale. We bought the whole suit for $130. Let me know if you need the link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users