Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1511 mkennedy

mkennedy
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

Has anyone gotten married on the beach recently?

#1512 Amiep603

Amiep603
    • 184 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

Yes we were married on the beach at the Jade on Feb 11 

Has anyone gotten married on the beach recently?

#1513 mkennedy

mkennedy
      • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

Did u happen to have the measurements of the canopy? And where did u do your reception?

#1514 jacqjade

jacqjade
        • 36 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

Does anyone know if the Bamboo Room has a place for dancing? I'm getting the Divine Package and I asked if a dance floor was included and Ana Maria said its not :( That seems a bit silly to me.

#1515 lisadias

lisadias
          • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:03 AM

There is room to dance on the floor in the bamoo room just not a dancefloor like you would order for a beach wedding.

Bamboo Room.jpg

#1516 Amiep603

Amiep603
            • 184 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

Yea it is 6 feet x 6 feet  

Originally Posted by mkennedy 

Did u happen to have the measurements of the canopy? And where did u do your reception?

#1517 LHD18

LHD18
              • 32 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

Hi ladies,

Just wondering those ladies who got the Divine Package - what food choices did you make?

#1518 hammy0426

hammy0426
                • 85 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

The bamboo room has tons of space for dancing.  Lisa great pic -it really shows how the room looks.  Across from the wall of bamboo are two full walls of windows.  It looks very bright in there during the day.  when I saw it in person, it was a bit smaller than I thought from previous pictures but in reality it would be great for a party up to about 50 guests.

I had the Divine menu and for first course my FI chose beef carpacio -I do NOT recommend it.  Only a few people ate it and I know it is raw meat but it looked like some gelatinous red gue. 2nd course was the spinach ravioli -I thought that the spinach would have been in the ravioli but it was a spinach/pesto sauce which was really good.  main course -I gave everyone their own option before we left and gave the options to Pilar once I got there.  dessert -pecan something...I only know of one person who even tried it and said that it was rock hard.  Since you get cake (although it does not taste like US chocolate cake), I would ask the WC if you could substitute the salad that they offer in the Eternity package instead.

Just a tip for brides out there:

Everyone wants beautiful pictures so make sure that you time your ceremony and pictures to occur with enough day light.  Remember that days are shorter in our fall/winter season.  I was there at the end of Feb and it was dark by 6pm and even taking pics on the beach during 4-6pm the lack of bright sunlight and beautiful blue waters that you get during brighter hours. 

Also, photojournalist pictures are fantastic but only if you yourself are comfortable.  I don't like getting my pics taken much and I thought that it would be easier than it was.  It probably is mostly myself and not feeling comfortable but you could see it in a lot of my pictures.  Why not try having FI or a friend take some pictures of you now so you can begin to get comfortable in front of the camera and learn how your face and expressions translate in pictures.  I wish I had taken that into consideration and "practiced" in front of a camera first.

#1519 jacqjade

jacqjade
                  • 36 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

Thanks Lisa! Ok, cuz I was thinking..there's no way i'm spending another $800 for a dance floor! That floor looks danceable to me. Thanks for posting this picture. VERY HELPFUL!

#1520 hammy0426

hammy0426
                    • 85 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

Tip # 3: If you slouch like I do -remember to stand tall at all times and keep your shoulders back. I don't mean to sound like our mom's but it really makes a person look better and you will notice in your pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users