The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1401 T&A

T&A
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:16 AM

Hi Hanna,

I remembered when I first inquire about wedding dates. I was told there is no wedding on Sunday. So I ended up having my wedding on Tuesday. I hope everything will works out for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by primavera 

Welcome Mia2011!

So we are trying to see if we can change our date. Suddenly many of our US guests are saying they might not make it since our wedding is on a weekday. I wanted a Sunday originally but they told me they didn't do Sunday weddings, though after that other brides have been able to book Sundays.

We did ask around about this before we booked, and back then it wasn't a problem but now it is...*big sigh* I have emailed Ana to see what is available (if anything) and asked my travel agent to try to contact Ana as well to find out. I'm guessing I will have to call her on Monday since I kind of need to know.

Now Jade - May 3, 2011.

#1402 Mia2011

Mia2011
    • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

Thanks Lisa for your feedback. I actually contacted Ivan Lucie based on your recommendation from a previous post, but he is booked up. I am now thinking about going with Octavio Montes, but I'm not sure.

Mia

Originally Posted by lisadias 

Mia it depends which pictures are the most important to you. if you don't care about the getting ready pics and are ok with just ceremony, family, group pics and maybe a couple at the reception than 3hours is probably enough. If you are looking for one outside of the resort I would recommend Ivan Luckie.

#1403 primavera

primavera
      • 428 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

Thanks! I know, that is what they told me too, but then a bride showed up on this forum (forget who it was) and she was able to book a Sunday. She even double-checked with them to make sure after we told her on here that they don't do Sunday weddings, so I guess they changed that.

The dates my TA gave me was for a couple of Fridays, which works out for us as well so I will just have to make sure they are still available by calling Ana. Cross your fingers that they are and there are somewhat good times for the ceremony available as well!

Originally Posted by T&A 

Hi Hanna,

I remembered when I first inquire about wedding dates. I was told there is no wedding on Sunday. So I ended up having my wedding on Tuesday. I hope everything will works out for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by primavera 

Welcome Mia2011!

So we are trying to see if we can change our date. Suddenly many of our US guests are saying they might not make it since our wedding is on a weekday. I wanted a Sunday originally but they told me they didn't do Sunday weddings, though after that other brides have been able to book Sundays.

We did ask around about this before we booked, and back then it wasn't a problem but now it is...*big sigh* I have emailed Ana to see what is available (if anything) and asked my travel agent to try to contact Ana as well to find out. I'm guessing I will have to call her on Monday since I kind of need to know.

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#1404 shorn

shorn
        • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

I was/am the sunday wedding bride- I'm booked for Sunday July 3rd- and triple confirmed it too! good luck hope all works out! Also re: Photographers- I booked Lincoln (moments that matter)- he cost a little more then i wanted to pay but I think its definitely going to be worth it- his work is AMAZING! And in the end, that's all we will be able to take away from our wedding day so I thought it was worth it. I'll trim corners elsewhere

#1405 babybird126

babybird126
          • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

I will definitely say that Octavio Montes does amazing work as well.  He has great prices too!

#1406 hammy0426

hammy0426
            • 85 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

I booked Octavio Montes too.  he has been super responsive so far and his pricing is great.  I am getting married exactly 2 weeks from today so I will let you know how the pics come out.

Originally Posted by Mia2011 

Thanks Lisa for your feedback. I actually contacted Ivan Lucie based on your recommendation from a previous post, but he is booked up. I am now thinking about going with Octavio Montes, but I'm not sure.

Mia

Quote:

Mia it depends which pictures are the most important to you. if you don't care about the getting ready pics and are ok with just ceremony, family, group pics and maybe a couple at the reception than 3hours is probably enough. If you are looking for one outside of the resort I would recommend Ivan Luckie.

#1407 Mia2011

Mia2011
              • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

HI,

Thanks for the recommendations girls. I have been in contact with Octavio and he is available on April 02nd, so I think I may go with him.  I would love to hear how you like working with him.

Originally Posted by hammy0426 

I booked Octavio Montes too.  he has been super responsive so far and his pricing is great.  I am getting married exactly 2 weeks from today so I will let you know how the pics come out.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mia2011 

Mia

Quote:

#1408 hammy0426

hammy0426
                • 85 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hi Brides, a while back there was talk about creating a wedding brochure.  Someone mentioned a website with a free template.  Does anyone remember the name of the site?

#1409 AmyG

AmyG
                  • 189 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Are there any other Now Sapphire brides to be on here? 

#1410 Mia2011

Mia2011
                    • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

Hi,

I was looking for that brochure too but the wedding website where it was located has expired. Bummer for us, unless someone has a copy that they are willing to share :)

Originally Posted by hammy0426 

Hi Brides, a while back there was talk about creating a wedding brochure.  Someone mentioned a website with a free template.  Does anyone remember the name of the site?

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users