Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1271 Amiep603

Amiep603
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

my carrie on "wedding supply" bag is packed lol it has my shot glasses for the toast, welcome letters, chair shashes, canopy fabric, Bubba Kegs, weddign music, maid of honor gift, take away cake boxes, seating chart, place cards, and will soon have my sand ceremony set. oh it has one copy for our wedding script and vows (the other copy will be in my checked bag....just in case.......thats what i have packed so for lol! all i have left to get is my wedding earings and my waterproof TTD eye makeup

#1272 11-11-11Bride

11-11-11Bride
    • Banned
    • 140 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

NICE! You sound like it's all coming together! I have a while to plan what exactly is going to go in each bag. Take notes of what worked and what didnt work for you. You'll be a lifesaver for some of us Co-Brides :)

#1273 babybird126

babybird126
      • 27 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

I got married on the beach and it was absolutely beautiful!  I initially wanted to have the reception on the beach but it got pretty chilly at night so we went with the bamboo room (which came out beautiful).

Here is how our beach wedding was set up

_MG_3403.JPG

#1274 babybird126

babybird126
        • 27 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

I got married in December 3rd and we did our wedding on the beach =)  We originally wanted to have our reception on the beach as well but it got quite chilly at night so we had the reception in the bamboo room and it was amazing as well.  Here is the a picture of our wedding on the beach

_MG_3403.JPG

#1275 ChristieAnn

ChristieAnn
          • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Hi! When is your wedding in AUG? Mine is AUG 5th. I was going to do a beach ceremony, but I hear it's hot, and windy, and the beach isn't very private. Another bride on here said she stood with a huge group of ppl and watched as another couple got married. I was going to do an outdoor reception, but I hear the mosquitos are really awful. 

Something to think about I guess. :)

#1276 ChristieAnn

ChristieAnn
            • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

Congrats!! Take tons of pictures! :)

#1277 ChristieAnn

ChristieAnn
              • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUESTION..........

Okay, I know if you get married in the fountain area that there is a big staircase to walk down for your entrance......

But what about the pergola? Does anyone know what the entrance is like? I like the idea of the big staircase to walk down! 

#1278 hilla4805

hilla4805
                • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

My wedding is August 18th.  I don't mind the wind too much.  Also I'm hoping that since August is off-season that the resort isn't too packed so there aren't too many people lingering around.  

I plan on getting good quality bug spray for the OOT bags...so I hope that takes care of the mosquito problem.

I just feel like a wedding in Mexico should be outdoors.  I hope everything works out.

Luckily I have family and friends that enjoy the outdoors.

#1279 snl2011

snl2011
                  • 67 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

ChristieAnn - I'm getting married August 6th!  We'll probably run into each other!  We're doing a beach ceremony.  We were at the resort mid August last year and yes, it was a little windy and hot, but nothing too bothersome.  There was a beach wedding the weekend we were there and yes, we were one of those gawkers on the side!  We thought about all this before choosing this resort and this beach, but the view is just so beautiful!  I don't mind if there are a few people watching our wedding....as long as I don't have to feed them :)

Originally Posted by ChristieAnn 

Hi! When is your wedding in AUG? Mine is AUG 5th. I was going to do a beach ceremony, but I hear it's hot, and windy, and the beach isn't very private. Another bride on here said she stood with a huge group of ppl and watched as another couple got married. I was going to do an outdoor reception, but I hear the mosquitos are really awful. 

Something to think about I guess. :)

#1280 11-11-11Bride

11-11-11Bride
                    • Banned
                    • 140 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

Good question, ChristieAnn! I'd also like to know what the entrance into the La Pergola is. A grand staircase would be, well, grand lol. In the back of my head I am having visions of sliding down the steps on my butt with my clumsy self lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users