Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Brides!

 

We are planning on Jade for May 2013, and while it's far away, we're starting to really think about what we'd like...I am very confused by the website's info about the meal- hopefully someone can help me out!

 

We would like the pergola for the ceremony, Blue Bar for cocktail hour.   Dinner is what really confuses me!  So, ok the Divine pkg covers 25 people's meals.  I anticipate approx 50-60 ppl at our wedding, so how does it work? I saw the $20USD/pp set up fee, but is that if we want to rent out a restaurant?  We like the Bamboo Room, so how would that work?  I guess I just don't know if we have the dinner at a restaurant or in the bamboo room, are these different?  what is the cost difference?    Hopefully someone on this forum has held a wedding with approx the same # of guests & wouldnt mind sharing the cost details with me!    As I read the website you can EITHER have a restaurant for your reception (for a private, there is an added cost) OR you can use one of the other areas,the ballroom, bamboo, etc.   Is that right? 

THANKS LADIES!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the sun set about 5:11 while we were there, and by 5:30 it was pitch black.
 

Originally Posted by irishdonna View Post


Thanks for all the info! when you say it gets dark fast, what time do you mean?



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been wondering the same things!! My fiance and I plan on getting married April 2013, have you been able to lock in a date with the resort yet? I was told by a TA that you need to wait until about a year before to try and book group rates and flights but I really wanna get my date set in stone so that I can atleast send out STD's.
 

Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

Hi Brides!

 

We are planning on Jade for May 2013, and while it's far away, we're starting to really think about what we'd like...I am very confused by the website's info about the meal- hopefully someone can help me out!

 

We would like the pergola for the ceremony, Blue Bar for cocktail hour.   Dinner is what really confuses me!  So, ok the Divine pkg covers 25 people's meals.  I anticipate approx 50-60 ppl at our wedding, so how does it work? I saw the $20USD/pp set up fee, but is that if we want to rent out a restaurant?  We like the Bamboo Room, so how would that work?  I guess I just don't know if we have the dinner at a restaurant or in the bamboo room, are these different?  what is the cost difference?    Hopefully someone on this forum has held a wedding with approx the same # of guests & wouldnt mind sharing the cost details with me!    As I read the website you can EITHER have a restaurant for your reception (for a private, there is an added cost) OR you can use one of the other areas,the ballroom, bamboo, etc.   Is that right? 

THANKS LADIES!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have not locked in a date yet- the reservation form she sent me is asking for our flight/travel details and we don't have those yet, our travel agent said airlines don't release flight info until 12mths out as well.  So, not sure what to put on the form?  For us, we really don't have a specific date in mind, we just want May, preferably the 1st or 3rd week, to not overlap family members anniversaries LOL!  I am thinking I might email Pilar back and ask her what to do.  We are really wanting to send out our STDs in the new year as well, and being a little Type A, I don't like not having anything confirmed yet!  I will email her & post what I get back!

Kristen
 

Originally Posted by FutureMrsBrew View Post

I have been wondering the same things!! My fiance and I plan on getting married April 2013, have you been able to lock in a date with the resort yet? I was told by a TA that you need to wait until about a year before to try and book group rates and flights but I really wanna get my date set in stone so that I can atleast send out STD's.
 



 



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by all the love View Post

 

Well, the sun set about 5:11 while we were there, and by 5:30 it was pitch black.

 

 

 

 

Thanks so much! I'll be there in a week for my wedding and i'm hoping i can change the ceremony time. All in all, were you happy with the festival terrace? How many guests did you have?

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, I feel the same way! Hopefully we can reserve the date some way, I'm sure other brides have booked more than a year in advance. Let me know what you hear!!

Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

We have not locked in a date yet- the reservation form she sent me is asking for our flight/travel details and we don't have those yet, our travel agent said airlines don't release flight info until 12mths out as well.  So, not sure what to put on the form?  For us, we really don't have a specific date in mind, we just want May, preferably the 1st or 3rd week, to not overlap family members anniversaries LOL!  I am thinking I might email Pilar back and ask her what to do.  We are really wanting to send out our STDs in the new year as well, and being a little Type A, I don't like not having anything confirmed yet!  I will email her & post what I get back!

Kristen
 



 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG girls ! Only 2 months for us before we get wed at the Now Jade (January 18th) and I just found out I am pregnant...for our second child....

Anybody here got wed while pregnant ? My dress was a bit too large so I should be ok for the dress at least for the wedding in Mexico. (probably not for the AHR)

 

Any advice would be great !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This message is for anyone who has recently been married at Now Jade - Pilar sent me home with the wrong chair sashes. I know because I had extras at home and they do not match these ones. If you ended up with the wrong light blue chair sashes and would like yours back, please let me know! I don't know how many of them there are, but it seems like a lot =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got confirmation from Pilar that our wedding date is available! April 12, 2013!! I know it seems pretty far away but I was just wondering what everyone would suggest as far as ceremony time for an April wedding. We don't want to be sweating to death during the ceremony so we want it a little later in the day just not when it is dark out! Also any suggestions for reception location with only 20 guests? Unfortunately we will not be able to do a site visit but from everything that I have seen on here I feel confident that everything will work out smoothly. Thanks girls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • SUN-IMPERIAL Fashion IS AN ONLINE  WOMEN'S FASHION STORE FOR YOUNG WOMEN WHO LOVE AND LIVE FASHION. Our collection reflects the latest trends in trendy urban fashion. we offer our loyal costumers unique items that have been hand picked by our professional team of stylists in an affordable price. In sun-imperial you will find the top fashion trends and a stylish item for every occasion from casual to fancy looks. Come in and explore our trendy urban clothing, stylish street wear collection.
    • Looking for the best venue for wedding and Wedding related events Book the best Banquet Hall in West Delhi - Symphony Banquets. For all types of Social as well as corporate events with In-House Catering service and luxurious ambiance to make every event a memorable one.  
    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
  • Topics

×