Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This isn't really wedding related but I have 3 nephews that will be coming for the wedding and my sister was asking about Milk and drinks for the room. They are younger so they still have milk before bed and wasn't sure if this is something that they can request have stocked in the room. What has been everyone's experience with taking young children to the resort?

 

Thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've heard you can just let your room steward know your preferences for the fridge and they seem to accomodate quite well. A small tip early in the week and another partway through might help with special requests like this, but I don't see it being an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wedding is on November 4 and we did a seating chart.....gave Ana the chart w/ what each person ordered. We're doing the beef filet & shrimp and the scallops and mahi mahi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So your guests can choose what they want? i had to pick what everyone eats =S
 

Originally Posted by kimmysue View Post

My wedding is on November 4 and we did a seating chart.....gave Ana the chart w/ what each person ordered. We're doing the beef filet & shrimp and the scallops and mahi mahi.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies,

 

I'll be at Now Jade next week doing a site visit and I was wondering if anyone here was successful in trying to taste test any of the food options that the hotel offers from the wedding dinner menu?  

 

Also, this is going to be my first site visit --- does anyone know what I should expect, or have a list of suggested questions that I should ask about while I'm there.  I figured since there are so many brides, you ladies must be experts with questions.  I'm so nervous that I'm going to forgot to ask important questions.

 

Lastly, if anyone would like any pictures of the hotel, just let me know and I'll do my best to get pictures when I return. 

 

-Caroline 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I can't help you out with the taste testing but I would love to see pictures when you get back!! Also, has anyone used the DJ from the resort? It isn't included in the 2012 package but I'm not using the photographer so I was able to get a DJ for 2 hours. Was the DJ good? Were you in touch with him prior to the wedding to figure out the music that you wanted played? Thanks for the help!! :)

Originally Posted by Caroline1118 View Post

Hi Ladies,

 

I'll be at Now Jade next week doing a site visit and I was wondering if anyone here was successful in trying to taste test any of the food options that the hotel offers from the wedding dinner menu?  

 

Also, this is going to be my first site visit --- does anyone know what I should expect, or have a list of suggested questions that I should ask about while I'm there.  I figured since there are so many brides, you ladies must be experts with questions.  I'm so nervous that I'm going to forgot to ask important questions.

 

Lastly, if anyone would like any pictures of the hotel, just let me know and I'll do my best to get pictures when I return. 

 

-Caroline 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go to 5th ave in playa, I would love to know if there are flower vendors! Pics of your trip would also be awesome. Make sure you ask about pricing for a rehearsal dinner, if you are going to have one, and about substituting things from the menu, packages, etc. Also, does anyone know if the sound system you can rent includes lights? We are considering doing the iPod thing instead of a dj and I wondered about the lighting situation. Have fun with the site visit! So jealous...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, ladies!!! Great question suggestions and I will definitely be sure to check out 5th avenue for flower vendors and report back.  

 

Does anyone know if Now Jade charges a fee for bringing an outside vendor for flowers?  Do any former brides have any recommendations or referrals of flower vendors that they've worked with for weddings at Now Jade? If so, I would love to check them out while I'm there.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering if you have Ana or Pillar as your WC?  I too am bringing my own photographer but was told I could not substitute for anything. Did you have to do a lot of negotiating to get the DJ?
 

Originally Posted by kitkat863 View Post



I can't help you out with the taste testing but I would love to see pictures when you get back!! Also, has anyone used the DJ from the resort? It isn't included in the 2012 package but I'm not using the photographer so I was able to get a DJ for 2 hours. Was the DJ good? Were you in touch with him prior to the wedding to figure out the music that you wanted played? Thanks for the help!! :)



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • We are Clandestine Events, Wedding Planner & Events Agency located in Barcelona, Spain, one of the most beautyful, modern and cool cities in the world. We can help you to organize your destination wedding in Barcelona, doesn't matter where you come, and whats the style of your wedding. The team of Clandestine Events can design and plan each point of the wedding with the best providers. If you want more infromation contact with us ==> Wedding Destination Barcelona. Cheers!
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
  • Topics

×