Newbie! Aussie Bride!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nicolier

nicolier
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:41 AM

Hey!

My name is Nicole and im from the beautiful Sunshine Coast, Australia!

Im getting married in Fiji on the 16th October 2010!!

Wedding planning has been worse than expected as i don't think Aussies find having a destination wedding that common so we have had some issues with that.
    Having a wedding overseas is a great way to find out who your true friends are!
    • We have had the bestman pull out because he'd rather spend his money on going out every weekend.
    • A groomsmen has been uninvited (massive long story- but basically he didn't want to do anything we asked him to do and said he didn't even want to come to the wedding, so when he was asked if he actually wanted to come he went crazy and started saying horrible things about us, etc)
    • my parents have now decided to seperate,which has opened a whole new can of issues
    • my brother might not be coming to the wedding because of many issues.

So ya, wedding plan not so good so far, but hopefully it will get better!!!

Anyways i won't bore you with anymore of my drama! fingers crossed it will all work out in the end!!

Nicole

#2 Mere

Mere
    • 729 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:34 AM

Congratulations! Welcome to this helpful forum! I sure hope things get better for ya. We are going to get married-just the two of us-no one else-hehe. Good Luck to you!

#3 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
      • 473 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:43 AM

Things will get better! Remember the wedding is only about you and your FI so focus all your energy there and having a memorable day.

I think most DW couple run into family/friends putting their wants over the bride and grooms. So I can't stress focus on yourselves!!!

I've learned the DBW family is full of resources and support. So hang close here and make it your second home during the process, that's what have given me sanity. :-)

#4 brandonsbride

brandonsbride
        • 89 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:02 AM

Congratulations on your engagement! I'm so sorry that you are having to go through all of that. Just remember that this day is about you and your FI. All of those problems would have surfaced regardless of a DW, it has nothing to do with you :)

#5 Barrierunner

Barrierunner
          • 166 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

Welcome and congratulations!!!

#6 Stephani

Stephani
            • 62 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

Welcome to the site. Happy Planning !

#7 aubry

aubry
              • 191 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

Hang in there! I'm sure it will get easier soon - maybe you can get a good TA and some supportive friends and things will smooth out! Good luck!

#8 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
                • 914 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

Congrats on your engagement, and welcome to the forum! Happy planning!

#9 missgomes

missgomes
                  • 296 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

Awww... hang in there... it will get better. Just think.. you only need you and the FI...

#10 tigger

tigger
                    • 391 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I'm sure everything will work out. Hang in there.
                      Getting married November 10, 2010 - Sandals Grande Antigua

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users