Sign in to follow this  
nicolier

Newbie! Aussie Bride!!

Hey!

My name is Nicole and im from the beautiful Sunshine Coast, Australia!

Im getting married in Fiji on the 16th October 2010!!

Wedding planning has been worse than expected as i don't think Aussies find having a destination wedding that common so we have had some issues with that.

Having a wedding overseas is a great way to find out who your true friends are!

• We have had the bestman pull out because he'd rather spend his money on going out every weekend.

• A groomsmen has been uninvited (massive long story- but basically he didn't want to do anything we asked him to do and said he didn't even want to come to the wedding, so when he was asked if he actually wanted to come he went crazy and started saying horrible things about us, etc)

• my parents have now decided to seperate,which has opened a whole new can of issues

• my brother might not be coming to the wedding because of many issues.

So ya, wedding plan not so good so far, but hopefully it will get better!!!

Anyways i won't bore you with anymore of my drama! fingers crossed it will all work out in the end!!

Nicole

Congratulations! Welcome to this helpful forum! I sure hope things get better for ya. We are going to get married-just the two of us-no one else-hehe. Good Luck to you!

Things will get better! Remember the wedding is only about you and your FI so focus all your energy there and having a memorable day.

I think most DW couple run into family/friends putting their wants over the bride and grooms. So I can't stress focus on yourselves!!!

I've learned the DBW family is full of resources and support. So hang close here and make it your second home during the process, that's what have given me sanity. :-)

Congratulations on your engagement! I'm so sorry that you are having to go through all of that. Just remember that this day is about you and your FI. All of those problems would have surfaced regardless of a DW, it has nothing to do with you :)

Hang in there! I'm sure it will get easier soon - maybe you can get a good TA and some supportive friends and things will smooth out! Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics