Photo

What time is your ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 donutdjn

donutdjn
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:55 AM

hello, im not purchasing wedding insurance and happy to just go with the flow and take the risk, sure things will all work out fine :-)

#32 AishaB

AishaB
    • 2,350 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:21 AM

I want mine to be an hour or so before sunset!
      BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#33 jodieP

jodieP
      • 278 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:56 AM

We have decided on 4pm, maily because of light and sunset time for photo's :) and there wont be too much time between then and the reception! :)

Jodie.xx
        http://dwdf.daisypath.com/ZxiGp1.png

24 Booked plus bride & groom

#34 TanyonL

TanyonL
        • 166 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

At 4:00 PM. Venue's suggestion (below) and as a contingency for anything happening later than scheduled due to "island time." I really like sunset pictures but I still want daylight to be an option:

"Depending on the time of the year (summer or winter) we suggest having the ceremony between 4:00 and 5:30 pm. because the heat of the day has passed yet you still have enough light to take quality photos after the ceremony..."

#35 Mrs.B

Mrs.B
          • 455 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:32 PM

I am getting married at 9 a.m., partly because I am arriving to Jamaica by cruise. I am also hoping the sun won't be too hot at that time.

#36 niecimar

niecimar
            • 83 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

I got married at 5:30 on June 5th in Punta Cana. The sun was setting but it allowed for a comfortable environment since the sun was not strong.
              Denise & Ziggy
              June 5, 2010
              http://www.youtube.c..../0/38XwzNwQb-A

#37 katelynn

katelynn
              • 414 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

We are booked at 4pm, but I am now thinking 3pm? I saw the rainfall chart for Jamaica and it worries me as I am praying for nice weather as we are getting married on the beach...as its one of the main reasons we are travelling all that way.

Has anyone had a wedding in JA at 4pm...was it okay or would you suggest going with 3pm? Was it okay for timing with dinner?
                Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#38 heartbeat

heartbeat
                • 228 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:45 AM

I wanted to go with a later time like 4pm because i don't want there to be too much time between the ceremony and the reception.

#39 eddieandsheila

eddieandsheila
                  • 110 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:13 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by selassie11
                    Hi Jamaica brides!

I'm wondering - how did you all decide what time to get married (if you had a choice)? I know that the country does not allow any weddings after 6pm. I love mornings in JA, but I'm looking forward to good food and drinks and dancing and I don't know how folks would feel about being tipsy by early afternoon! I like the idea of a sunset ceremony -- if the sun sets at 6:30, what will it look like at 5:00pm. Just wondering what's best for pictures (??)
                    We're getting married at 4p. I wanted to make sure there wasnt too much inbetween time (from the ceremony to dinner at 6:30p). This way, we have some time to take pictures with our guests after the ceremony, and also have our prof pictures done too.

#40 2Blessed2Stress

2Blessed2Stress
                    • 35 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

4pm for us. Not as hot as 12pm or 2pm; close to reception time, so guest can't stroll off too far; and still a lot of great light available for photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users