Photo

How to book the rooms??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 saint1984

saint1984
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:00 AM

I just got engaged and now the planning begins. I want to do a destination wedding , but im so nervous about how it will turn out. I need an all inclusive resort, But my question how do you book the rooms for your guest

Do you go though a travel agent (if this is the case do they just organize hotel rates and the guest have to buy their flights separately? )

Or do guest just buy their own hotel and airfare through travel sights like hotwire or expedia??

I think I came across on post that said they booked with a travel agent and the guest were able to pay down their cost as they got kind of like a layaway plan but It didn't mention if its was only the hotel rooms

Im just all confused on how to get low rates for my guest and the easiest way for them to pay for it? please I need help from all the brides that have already gotten married.... thanks :)

#2 Mischaka

Mischaka
    • 969 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:32 AM

To me it seems to be better to use a TA unless you want to do all the extra work. My TA is doing both flight and rooms. And i've heard some horror stories about booking through travel sites. You don't want to take any chances.

#3 Mere

Mere
      • 729 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

I suggest using a TA, then the TA can possibly book a block of rooms after you get a count of how many guests are coming.

#4 saint1984

saint1984
        • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

thanks ladies, I was reading some other post and found a thread that list reputable TA :)
          just a little overwhelmed with all the choices. I'm so use to booking things online.

#5 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
          • 303 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by saint1984
            thanks ladies, I was reading some other post and found a thread that list reputable TA :)
            just a little overwhelmed with all the choices. I'm so use to booking things online.
            Yea I was going to try and do things myself, but I am starting to think it will be easier to go through a TA. They can usually get better deals and upgrades. Also, if you have guests coming, it will be easier to direct them to the TA to book which they might find less stressful. Also, some TA's will give you a deal if you have x amount of rooms booked! Good luck and happy planning!

#6 andilynn09

andilynn09
            • 43 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:05 AM

I would also recommend using a TA to book your trip, and then refer all your guests to the TA to book their trip. Much easier that way for you and them!

#7 Laur13

Laur13
              • 179 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:47 AM

my TA is doing all of the guest booking and dealing with information the guests need much easier!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users