Photo

What are your wedding favor ideas

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ekcmexico

ekcmexico
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:59 PM

What is everyone doing for wedding favors? Im looking for something that would be unique and appropriate for a mexican beach wedding. I like the idea of the custom maracas I saw in some other threads, but I am curious what else there is.

Thanks!
    Elise

#2 Barbo

Barbo
    • 51 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

We are doing ivory silk fans :) We got them at Michaels, added a heart shaped charm that says "Love" and a little ribbon. I'm also trying to think of a way to print/burn our initials onto the wood handle of the fan. They are super cute, even without our initials. I thought they would be awesome to have on each persons seat for the ceremony, practical and pretty :) these will double as our favors.

#3 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
      • 997 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

At the reception, we are doing Pashminas and Cigars. We will also have fans at the ceremony for guests to take.

#4 JENISE

JENISE
        • 652 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

Maybe you can do mini tequilla bottles and personalized shot glasses. That screams Mexico to me!

#5 JenB

JenB
          • 51 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

We will be doing luggage tags for our favors at our reception!

#6 IrishgirlinNY

IrishgirlinNY
            • 938 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

We are doing personalized shotglasses and magnets with the Jamaican flag on them for everyone.

#7 Diva

Diva
              • 682 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

We are just doing OOT bags with lots of personalized goodies in them (i.e door hangers, bookmarks and luggage tags) along with the normal wellness items

#8 Svnoyi

Svnoyi
                • 27 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

We had three ideas:

Chocolate strawberries dusted with edible gold
                  SENCE Rose Nectar (which comes in a very cute bottle!)
                  A bottled version of our signature drink

We haven't really decided between them yet.

#9 poohshek

poohshek
                  • 1,456 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

We gave guests maracas picked up from downtown Playa del Carmen for our December 2009 wedding in Mexico. I made tags and tied them to the maracas with ribbon. Everyone really liked it and took them home.

Custom-made maracas are nice but it can take up quite a bit of luggage space. If your budget allows personalization, that will be a nice personal touch.
                    What is everyone doing for wedding favors? Im looking for something that would be unique and appropriate for a mexican beach wedding. I like the idea of the custom maracas I saw in some other threads, but I am curious what else there is.

Thanks!
                    Elise

#10 katrinkit35

katrinkit35
                    • 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

Oh favors. We only have about 30 people coming, so our OOT bags are starting to get out of hand (in my head anyway). In addition to the bag and normal "stuff"

For the women - a necklace with a customized charm from an etsy seller and a jewelry roll.
                      For the men - a money clip customized with a charm from the same etsy seller and possibly cigars.

Of course, nothing is set in stone. These are just my thoughts right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users