Sign in to follow this  
hsmith1228

Moon Palace Cancun 3/23/10

Thank you so much Heather for doing a review eventhough you have only been on the site a couple of weeks!!! Could you elaborate more on the Arricefies food quality...? We are doing our welcome dinner there and I am nervous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbarret View Post
OMG those are the BEST mp photographer pictures I have seen! awesome!!
I would have to agree! I was very impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbarret View Post
Thank you so much Heather for doing a review eventhough you have only been on the site a couple of weeks!!! Could you elaborate more on the Arricefies food quality...? We are doing our welcome dinner there and I am nervous!!

I will do my best to review but I do not eat meat, which is the main draw of this restaurant sad.gif They do have a large salad bar, but you will find that what the MP calls salad, is different than what we do here. For example, broccoli salad is just broccoli. Potato salad is just potatoes. This is the same at all of the buffets, so I created my own by adding dressing to whatever type of "salad" I wanted.

Our dining experience at Arricefes started with the server bringing rolls out on a long skewer, which you pull off using a small set of tongs at your place setting. Next, they bring out mashed potatoes and rice that you are supposed to eat with the meat once it comes. Unfortunately, it does take awhile for the meat to come, so we ate our sides first. They come from the buffet, so you can always go back to get more if you want. (Or I am sure the server would gladly bring you more too.)

The meats come out one at a time on a long skewer. The server comes to your table with a knife and slices a piece of meat which you pull off using your tongs. When we were there, our server was waiting on 4 tables at a time so we had to wait for him to serve each type of meat to each of the tables before he would go to get another kind. From what I remember, they had bacon, lamb, pork, ribs, flank steak, mahi mahi, and sausage. He rambled off many other types and cuts of meat including turkey and chicken. (My group was full long before they came out, so I didn't actually see everything available!) The servers will continue bringing the meat out until you flip over your coaster like card that says to stop. If there is something specific that you want to try, mention that to the server and they will either bring it out on the skewer or will bring you your own plate (this also applies if you want seconds of something.)

The restaurant is definitely fun, but because of the way the food is served, it is incredibly slow. That would probably be fine for a night when you want to spend time visiting with everyone. My father is incredibly picky about meat, so he didn't think the food was great (but he complained about the food everywhere! lol) My husband liked everything except the sausage. MP food is really not fabulous in most of the restaurants, but this place is one of the better ones.

Heather

Gorgeous pics and thanks for the review. My Palace Resort wedding is nearing and this totally helps being down the stress. Love pic 111 where your gorgeous white peeptoe pump is poking out while getting dipped by DH! So cute.