New to BDW!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 vicmaehow

vicmaehow
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

Hello everyone!!

My name is Victoria, and I just recently got engaged. I am debating a destination wedding for May 2011.

Riviera Maya is my favorite place to vacation, so naturally I want to get married there. I am thinking Dreams Tulum for a resort, but in all honesty, I will get married at another resort if the prices are better and the venue is just as beautiful; however, I can't find a lot of information on wedding packages from many other resorts, besides el dorado resorts.

I want to go somewhere that will allow my guests to stay for $1500 pp (taxes in). Hopefully, I can find something. I am going to talk to a TA within the next month or two to see what he or she can come up with :)

Any advice given would be greatly appreciated!!

#2 Nicyx

Nicyx
    • 2,914 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hello, Congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#3 michelle10

michelle10
      • 157 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

congrats and welcome!

#4 Leigh17

Leigh17
        • 339 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Congrats & Happy Planning!

#5 Micas de Miralls

Micas de Miralls
          • 246 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

Hello Victoria ...and congratulation!!!!! We work since 2005 in the Riviera Maya , and we are specialized in private location just for your big day!!! We dont like so much the idea of having a lot of people watching your wedding..Anyway as wedding planner we have a lot of good offer also for hotel rates...Sometimes I am so surprised how much brides can save money doing something much nicer than an all inclusive hotels...but of course this is just my opinion...What is your budget in total and just for the ceremony?? About the hotels are you looking for some all inclusive or boutique hotels?? Have you been already in the Riviera Maya??

#6 Trinas79

Trinas79
            • 179 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

Welcome Victoria :) You will find all the information you need here - best of luck!!

#7 EmmaGaussoin

EmmaGaussoin
              • 203 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

Congrats on the engagement. Picking the resort is tough, based on connivence and price I found Dreams to be the best option for me. Good luck to you.

#8 Sascha Gluck Photography

Sascha Gluck Photography

Insiders

• Insiders
                • 1,538 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

Hi, welcome to the Forum and good luck with everything...

#9 sorord1

sorord1
                  • 240 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the board!

#10 vicmaehow

vicmaehow
                    • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

Thanks everyone!! I think we are leaning towards Dreams. It looks like a beautiful resort with everything we are looking for. Hopefully we can get a decent group rate for my guests :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users