Photo

Am I Crazy?? DW in 6 months

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mzgillis316

mzgillis316
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

So me and my FI originally set on a date of June 2011 and we were ok with that.... lately he's been complaining that its insane to plan a 18 month engagement he is also concerned b/c i will be starting pharmacy school in September of this year and he doesn't want wedding planning to distract me from doing well ....i agree with his logic, it just makes me soo nervous to try to plan a wedding for this August...but it just doesnt leave much time for my family and friends to gather their things most ppl probably already have their vacation time put in ...soo i just dont know what to do im hoping that we can even get a date for the resorts we r interested in ....any advice ladies ?? im feeling a bit overwhelmed

#2 renee1811

renee1811
    • 539 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Hey! I think your best bet is to think of the people you HAVE to have at your wedding--the friends and family that you couldn't imagine getting married without, and asking them. My FI and I only finalized everything 6 months beforehand, and we had been engaged 3 months before that. We checked with our family and closest friends, and they all swore they would be there no matter what. We have a group of about 25 booked, which is probably smaller than if we had given more time, but we had to do what is best for us. So if a DW in 6 months works best for you, just be prepared that not everyone might make it (but that is the case in any DW) Hope this helps some!

#3 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
      • Vendor
      • 1,243 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

Nah,

Its very often that we meet people who are planning just a few weeks out...

got this email on March 5:

Event Date: 2010-03-05
        Phone Number:
        Email: xxxx
        Remarks: We are getting married tomorrow, march 5th, at the XXXX hotel and are looking for a photographer. Are you available Can you please call us and let us know, and please also let us know how much you charge.

In the last week of Feb, we booked 3 weddings in the first week of March... Folks seem to put off destination weddings and just about every time, everything goes without a hitch :)

Good luck planning!

matt

#4 Simistar

Simistar
        • 645 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

We got enagged June 14th of 08 and got married Dec. 7th of 08!
          So we did it in 6 months! With the help of this forum, you can do it:-)
          Of course, as someone said above, you may not get as many people as you originally wanted, but it can definitely be done:-)

The hard part is choosing a resort...the sooner you do that, the sooner you can get the ball rolling on everything else!
          Good luck!

#5 Simistar

Simistar
          • 645 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Matt Adcock
            got this email on March 5:

Event Date: 2010-03-05
            Phone Number:
            Email: xxxx
            Remarks: We are getting married tomorrow, march 5th, at the XXXX hotel and are looking for a photographer. Are you available Can you please call us and let us know, and please also let us know how much you charge.
            Just curious Matt -- did you guys do the wedding? :-)

#6 mzgillis316

mzgillis316
            • 133 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

thanks guys ...that makes me feel better ...i just need to come to grips with the fact that a lot of my family probably wont be there ..but thats ok we'll do something at home ....i have to do whats best for me :)

#7 Leigh17

Leigh17
              • 339 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

We got engaged in early March & are getting married July 2! (We were planning on December & then realized how much more expensive the resort was at that time, so we bumped it up a few months). You can make it work by August!

#8 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
                • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

You can definitely do it, but if you're not the DIY type, may-be don't start too many projects as you may run out of time.There are so many great ideas on this site and that will help you pick what you want, and then start planning girl!
                  Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                  Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                  http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
                  Leftover Wedding Items FS:
                  http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#9 beachbum1285

beachbum1285
                  • 110 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

You can do it! We got engaged this past Christmas and we're getting married this May. Yeah some family couldn't come but that's part of DWs anyways. I start dental school in August so that's why we had to rush things so I feel your pain! :) Good luck!!
                    ~Stacy

#10 indy_chic

indy_chic
                    • 336 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:55 PM

We sent out invites Dec. 2009, we're getting married in just over 2 weeks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users