Important - NEW Requirements for Cuban travel

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Lindslou

• 187 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

Thank you K'osh!!!! Can you let me know how it goes when you get back.

Have a great wedding and vacation
    Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

#22 HazelsMelody

• 169 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

Ooh Good to know! My health insurance through work is with Manulife as well, although we have separate travel insurance through Global Excel and that's covered. Got worried for a minute there.
      Iberostar Varadero
      25 March 2011
      Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#23 Lindslou

• 187 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

Hi Ladies

For those that have insurance with Manulife I just printed off a letter that is on the website that you use when entering Cuba. Would still like to hear back from those going this month to see exactly what they are looking for
        Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

#24 ML23

• 33 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

I just got back yesterday. They did not even ask for anything related to travel medical insurance.. not to any of my 20 guests as well. Although a few showed them the papers we printed, they looked at it and said ok. We purchased it from Palm Financial:

Palm Financial

They did not seem to give anyone at the airport a hard time.
          ***I'm so happy with my photos from EnVogue Photography!!!!! ***

#25 purpleshells

• 338 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

no one got asked for their travel insurance either in our group.....what a waste

#26 K'osh

• 269 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

Same with us....they didn't ask any of our 38 guests for travel insurance. We arrived May 1st so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.....but what a headache and waste of money. Better safe than sorry I guess.

36 people + Bride & Groom are coming to Cuba!!!

#27 AlexsBride

• 401 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:30 AM

Does anyone know if the CAA insurance is accepted?
                Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#28 PaulsGirl

• 63 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

We travelled from May 1st-8th and not a single person in our group of 50 was asked for their health insurance.
                  *** Lisa ***http://tickers.Ticke....886d/event.png
                  Married my Best Friend on May 5,2010Bride, Groom & 48 Guests Attended!

#29 Hopelesslyblissful

• 191 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

Well that REALLY sucks that they didn't check for anyones insurance, but I would hate to have not bought it and have them ask for it!!! I am still buying it just in case, not only in case they ask me but because I'm terrified something is going to happen while I'm down there. I didn't think about it until like two months ago (and I dont know why I didnt) but I'm allergic (will go into anaphylactic shock) to pineapple!! I'm bringing like 4-5 epi-pens with me and my travel agent has made me a little debit card zized card, laminated, that says in spanish and english that I am allergic to pineapple and cannot touch it or ingest it!! I'm kinda nervous though!!

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#30 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
                    • 2,782 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:14 AM

With such limited access to the world, I am puzzled how they'll be able to check anything or how it would even work. My visa for example provides me with health insurance. I don't even get a number... There are 1000s of insurance companies all over the world and I doubt they'll know how to deal with them or check on it.
                      Seems like all they can do is just ask if you have it or maybe show SOME kind of proof.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users