Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey Ladies!

 

I have about 66 total people booked for our wedding and Mayte quoted me $600 for the the ceremony on the beach and Lounge area set up on the beach as well and then $700 for the decorations/entrance/sweet table. Hope that helps!

 

Jen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacq, no extra charge.. they deliver your flowers to the resort ahead of time.

 

If you want to find me, put:  Jessica Arruda Aylward and put that I live in Phenix City, AL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jlarruda,

 

So glad you made it safely across the borders with your sparkers. Even more happy that your MOH didn't burn down the Jellyfish.

I think my FI is going to have to just suck it up and deal with the fact that I am a law breaker and have every intention of bringing those sparklers with me.
You left from Logan right?

Did you put them in a box or in a suitecase?

 

Congratulations again and hope you are back into the swing of things in AL.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Left from Logan, just checked them in my suitcase in between clothes..make sure you check your bag.  If you have any questions just PM me or add me on fb, I don't mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jen, Mine is the 23rd or January! i am still booked at the Dreams Palm Beach for my ceremony but i think we are going to switch the entire event to the jellyfish.. so the $600 for the ceremony and lounge area, does that include the white couches we saw in the earlier posts? Also what are you planning for dinner and drinks? we have 50+ booked abd i was wondering what the best option would be... I like the idea of a la carte and open bar but not sure what the final damage would be with such a large (and party loving) group... any thoughts? When you say $700 is that includiong the table set up for dinner?

Thanks for your post!
 

Originally Posted by jb1013 View Post

Hey Ladies!

 

I have about 66 total people booked for our wedding and Mayte quoted me $600 for the the ceremony on the beach and Lounge area set up on the beach as well and then $700 for the decorations/entrance/sweet table. Hope that helps!

 

Jen



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks jen! I appreciate your input.. how did you find the food at dreams?

 

Originally Posted by Bryjenbry View Post

Dreams Palm Beach is a really nice resort, thats where we stayed.  However i'm very happy with my decision in having everything
 at the Jellyfish.  The ceremonies I saw at Dreams were really pretty but werent very private. 
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing! thank you so much... cant wait to check out your pictures.

The Jellyfish was such a great find, I can't believe Mayte was able to confirm us so close to our wedding date... she seems like a sweetheart. Ive already had much better luck communicating with her than the Dreams staff... they still haven't sent me any info and we leave for the wedding on the 18th of Jan... getting a little ridiculous! For that reason I am pretty sure we will be moving our ceremony to the JF as well

 

Originally Posted by jlarruda View Post

Jacq, no extra charge.. they deliver your flowers to the resort ahead of time.

 

If you want to find me, put:  Jessica Arruda Aylward and put that I live in Phenix City, AL.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For whatever reason I still cant find ya! :(



 

Originally Posted by jlarruda View Post

Jacq, no extra charge.. they deliver your flowers to the resort ahead of time.

 

If you want to find me, put:  Jessica Arruda Aylward and put that I live in Phenix City, AL.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok ladies I have a question for you. If your getting married at the jellyfish on the beach are you guys wearing heels? This is my biggest concern about having it at the jellyfish on the beach. I really want to wear heels...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm not having the ceremony at the Jellyfish, but at the resort's beach.  I have never wanted to wear any kind of shoe when I got married, so I am your typical barefoot bride.  That's just me though...I have seen pictures of people that have done it though...
 

Originally Posted by laurenann View Post

Ok ladies I have a question for you. If your getting married at the jellyfish on the beach are you guys wearing heels? This is my biggest concern about having it at the jellyfish on the beach. I really want to wear heels...



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×